• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Please forgive me, because this has more than likely been covered here before, and I searched for it, but found nothing. I also searched the Eagle Creek Park sight and FAQ`s and found nothing. So, even though I know this will be very redundant, what is the stance on carry in Eagle Creek Park? At one time, at least, I know it was forbidden. Is it still?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Please forgive me, because this has more than likely been covered here before, and I searched for it, but found nothing. I also searched the Eagle Creek Park sight and FAQ`s and found nothing. So, even though I know this will be very redundant, what is the stance on carry in Eagle Creek Park? At one time, at least, I know it was forbidden. Is it still?
    Carry in indianapolis parks was not allowed under an ordinance that has now been made illegal by the state legistlature as of about 2 years ago. Carry away

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    You will find some reference to their old rules that did not allow carry, but as has been posted above that was changed with the State pre-emotion law. I go there often and carry every time. I have seen people OCing as well. No issues.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    If you venture over to Rick's Boatyard or whatever it's called, you will be amazed at the patrons drinking out on their outdoor bar, while miserably trying to conceal their pistols.

Watched a guy for 2 hours last Sunday drink at least 6 budweisers while his ****ty OWB holser left his gun just flopping out in front of everyone.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you venture over to Rick's Boatyard or whatever it's called, you will be amazed at the patrons drinking out on their outdoor bar, while miserably trying to conceal their pistols.

Watched a guy for 2 hours last Sunday drink at least 6 budweisers while his ****ty OWB holser left his gun just flopping out in front of everyone.

I would be uncomfortable around armed people who are drinking that much. A glass of wine with dinner or one beer, maybe; but getting loaded while your gun is loaded is a bad idea.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would be uncomfortable around armed people who are drinking that much. A glass of wine with dinner or one beer, maybe; but getting loaded while your gun is loaded is a bad idea.

I agree. I'm glad our legislature doesnt nanny us like other states where it is not only carry in a bar, but illegal to even consume a single beer.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Really, still bound by the same laws. If I was drinking I would be more careful. But even drinking I'm still more mindful of the 4 rules of gun safety. And if I have been drinking even 1 drink my side arm never leaves it's holster even for someone just wanting to see it.

Top Bottom