i still don't think it was as loud as a 556 with muzzle brake

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I get the same reaction from some folks when I break out the Raging Bull in .454 Casull.
    The over-pressure is amazing, and the porting throws huge flames with full loads.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Makes me wonder if the shooter got his/her .308 sighted-in at 25 yards or if they just wanta' show off. It only takes a couple of shots to see if it goes bang.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    I think the worst range experience I had in this situation was last year at Wilbur Wright. A group of folks came out with a cut down M91/30. And when I mean cut down all the way too the rear sight! They had it as a SPR too, paid the transfer fee and everything. How I knew I told my buddy with me thats not even legal. Well they heard me and said they did the paperwork and everything. This rifle was so short it looked like a pistol. Waste of money if you ask me for a loud noisemaker.

Anyway they were right next too me and that thing sounded like a cannon going go. Big muzzle blast and fireball too.

Looked something like this:

Last edited:

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I could not only hear it, but feel pressure & heat. No bueno!

I've been in that situation, too. I'm not sure if it was a .308 or not, but I could definitely feel the muzzle blast through the partition! This guy was shooting a DPMS Oracle, though. So, it might've been a .308 Luckily, he came in right before I left, and I didn't have to deal with for more than 1 mag's worth. Had my time not been up, I would've either moved lanes or just left.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    One day at Parabellum some dude in the first lane (against the wall) was shooting an AR-15 SBR with a muzzle brake. The fireball and concussion made me laugh like a little kid. I'm like "Hell yeah, baby! Let freedom ring!".

Top Bottom