Looking for a pediatrician that doesn't ask about guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    I live in Clark Co and am looking for a pediatrician that doesn't ask about guns. Currently I go to Nassim, McMonigle and Mescia in New Albany and they do. Thank you.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Do you simply not want to answer the question, or you do you have a fundamental opposition to them even asking?

With more offices getting consolidated into these large healthcare orgs, it's less and less likely they won't ask a standard set of questions.

If you don't want to answer you can always just say "no" or "none of your business doc."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Do you simply not want to answer the question, or you do you have a fundamental opposition to them even asking?

With more offices getting consolidated into these large healthcare orgs, it's less and less likely they won't ask a standard set of questions.

If you don't want to answer you can always just say "no" or "none of your business doc."

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I sort of treat it how I would a business with a no-gun sign.

I know I can still shop there. I know I can even carry my gun there... but I also choose to not give them my business.

So if my doctor were to ask about guns, I'd feel less inclined to give that doctor my business.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Declining to answer or saying, "nunya bizness", is pretty much like saying yes. It annoys me that they ask, but I say, "No", and move on. It's not that big of a deal anyhow. The government already knows I have guns.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Maybe I'm wrong here, but I sort of treat it how I would a business with a no-gun sign.

I know I can still shop there. I know I can even carry my gun there... but I also choose to not give them my business.

So if my doctor were to ask about guns, I'd feel less inclined to give that doctor my business.

Amen...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Its a standardized question on standardized form..... I just got my yearly check up this morning and there were two questions relating to firearms in the about 4 pages of paperwork I had to fill out. The first one was "are there any firearms in the home" second question on a different form was "are any firearms in the home safely locked up". I did not answer either question and during the entire appointment not a word was spoken about it at all. Most doctors don't even get to pick out their forms as the hospitals dictate that, go to the doctor that provides the best care for you and your family and don't worry about a question on a form. :twocents:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I understand the stance, but these questions aren't necessarily being driven by the docter, but rather insurance companies, medical boards and other bureaucrats. So simply asking the question doesn't mean the doc is anti-gun.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I understand the stance, but these questions aren't necessarily being driven by the docter, but rather insurance companies, medical boards and other bureaucrats. So simply asking the question doesn't mean the doc is anti-gun.

Yeah, that's why I'm not sure if I should think about it the way I do. I guess part of me thinks, "Well the doctor could just ignore those nonsense questions..." or something. I dunno.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I don't like all of the policies that the company I work for have but it's my job and they pay me so I work with and around them.

"Don't hate the player hate the game"

shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    I normally just say NO but my oldest decided to speak up this time for some reason this time...

I'm mostly just annoyed that I was asked at all and wanted to know if there were any pediatricians around that didn't ask in the first place.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I normally just say NO but my oldest decided to speak up this time for some reason this time...

I'm mostly just annoyed that I was asked at all and wanted to know if there were any pediatricians around that didn't ask in the first place.
    Lol, what did your oldest say? I hope he called the doctor a commie!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't like all of the policies that the company I work for have but it's my job and they pay me so I work with and around them.

"Don't hate the player hate the game"

This.

As I am often reading magazines I bring with me while waiting for the nurse to call us back or waiting in the exam room it is hard for me to answer no...........Guns&Ammo.

But I do anyway.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom