• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was looking in file cabinet in the garage and found a box of 380 shells, and 2 boxes of CCI 22 mag., and a cleaning cloth and a 22 cleaning kit (which I bought another just a month ago when I bought my Ruger GP100

It was like Xmas!

I have seen the box it was in but didn't look into it. It was like a gun box, but it was in a Lego box, from the kids nearly 30 yrs. ago. :rockwoot:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Christmas in July doddg, everyone knows about Christmas in July! Congrats. I am slowly getting rid of stuff in my house and hope I find some long lost stuff as well. So far, an erector set, a couple of old slot car tracks, some Matchbox stuff, and a few board games (even a Car 54 where are you board game)

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Christmas in July doddg, everyone knows about Christmas in July! Congrats. I am slowly getting rid of stuff in my house and hope I find some long lost stuff as well. So far, an erector set, a couple of old slot car tracks, some Matchbox stuff, and a few board games (even a Car 54 where are you board game)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Maybe at my age I should keep the erector set. It may come in handy.

1. Too funny about your erector set.
    2. When my son was pre teen and early teens before he started working at 15, we used to go to comic book and comic card shows every weekend.
    3. We had loads of fun. I still have 2 suitcases of comic cards I hope are worth some money, but I sold my Spiderman collection for $1400 and Xman for $300 and so on.
    4. I still have some left over: Star Trek (from the 60s) and 3 different series of Star Wars and the like, which is like money in the bank.
    5. When I retire I intend to sell them when I have time. I kept them b/c I know they were worth money, but I was always working 2 jobs and never bothered with it.
    6. I tell my son if I die he'll be able to cash in on them. :laugh:

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    A couple of years back, during the 22LR shortage, I found a box with a couple thousand rounds of 22 ammo. It was in an old dresser that we didn't need anymore and had put on in the back barn. It was a lot of good stuff, like Eley's and Wolf Match, Winchester match, I had forgotten all about them. My 500 watt kicker from my CB days and a power mike was in there too.
    The stuff had been there for better than 15 years.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Mom had called to come clean out my old childhood room at the house. In the closet was a nice ruger 10-22 with receipt from Kmart on it from 1986. 139 dollars with the 4 power scope. I remembered it after I found it. Went camping and squirrel hunting in southern Indiana. Packed everything but left the 9422 on the bed when I left the house. Found a Kmart close to where we camped and bought the 10-22. Was most likely the fall hunting special the used to run. Came home went back to college and pretty much was abandoned until 2009. Was like heaven smiled on me. My old records. A burger chef and Jeff glow in the dark frisbe my planet of the apes trash can. My beer can collection. A near mint IBm XT computer. All priceless treasures which are worth about nothing.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I never loose stuff like that. I am super clean and anal. If I have not touched it in a year it gets sold or traded.

Now my in-laws on the other hand have their entire lives stuffed and packed and stacked and stuffed.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Choot Em!

1. The 22 magnum was just for my little NAA that is no fun; it's just a "gut" gun.
    2. The 380 shells are wonderful to find b/c it gives me an excuse to put some rounds through my beloved Colt Mustang I never sold in early 1990s when I sold off everything I had except it and the tiny NAA.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Five years ago I found some Hornady .308 155 gr FMJ for a good price-1500 in the box. Went to store it out of the way under my reloading bench and it wouldn't go. Found 2 other 1500 round boxes I had previously stashed there.

I shoot a lot of 7.62, have about 1000 loaded now. Evidently have a good supply of 155 FMJ also....

Don

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You are not going to believe it: wait for it: I found more "stuff."
    I was looking in the closet for some D batteries that I knew I had from over a decade ago, to put in a mole "thing" I got from Lowes.
    Yes, we've been battling moles for 2 yrs. now and I've been feeding them poison "worms," and I thought I'd try something different for a change.
    I found 4 small holsters (one was for my first 38 back in the 80s), a couple of gun "covers" or "bags" (I put my "new" old police 38 in one, and a trigger guard (got to find the key) and a few more 22 shells.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    While shredding some paperwork, I recently came across a $20 check for travel reimbursement, dated 1987.

I was cleaning out some old stuff and found a check written to me from "John Seitz, S&S Sports and Fur Buyer" for a couple of muskrats for $8.00 dated 1981 when I ran a trap line my Junior year.....John was killed in a tractor accident a few years later and his wife Wanda runs their Sporting Clays Range, Indian Creek in Harrison County til this day....It used to be a full blown range back in the day and is wear I shot my first full auto Thompson in 1980...My shop teacher/rifle team coach had one and took myself and my buddy to go shoot it...

Imagine a time where a teacher takes a couple of 15 year old students to a range to shoot a full auto...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom