• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    Not to long ago, I saw a job posting for an armed security guard position in the Lake county area. The position required the person to have their license to carry, however, what I found interesting is the job seemed to be in the Lake County Indiana area, but they were prudent that you needed an Illinois license to carry. Job description even stated you had to live in the area to apply. Makes me wonder why the job is in Indiana yet requiring Illinois licensing. Would love to hear some opinions, had thought about the possibility of travel being required between state lines, but it did not seem like the job called for that.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I don't know why you say "it did not seem like the job called for that" since we cannot see the posting. I would certainly believe that is the reason since much of Lake county abuts Illinois. I used to work (many years ago, early 60's) in the Youngstown steel mill, friends and I would often venture to Illinois to dine, partake of a beverage or go to the Blue Island stock car track. Can't think of any other reason the job would require an Ill license except to allow you to carry in ILL as the license has zero value in Indiana if you have an Indiana LTCH. I haven't been in Ill for probably 30 or more years, due to the corruption and firearm laws. Last times were to visit the Chicago Brookfield Zoo, Museum of Science and the Aquarium when my kids were young (they are all over or near 50 now).

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I worked for a security company based out of Highland called ISM security. They have sites in Chicago and Northwest Indiana. The supervisors are armed and spend their time traveling to different sites in Illinois and Indiana. Your add sounds like it might be for them, maybe they now believe that their traveling supervisors need to have Illinois permits to check on the locations in Chitown

JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    Did not seem to be for supervisory and I do believe that if you are a resident of one state, you cannot get a license from the other state, which would make it difficult for any person. Unless they are mistaking Illinois law for Indiana law.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Did not seem to be for supervisory and I do believe that if you are a resident of one state, you cannot get a license from the other state, which would make it difficult for any person. Unless they are mistaking Illinois law for Indiana law.

Illinois has non-resident permits for residents "from any state or territory of the United States with laws related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying, that are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under this Act." Therein lies the rub for Hoosiers.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Wayback when before Illinois had a CCW law I remember having a discussion with some Illinois folk who would be in a position to know about this subject. They said that an Indiana resident COULD have a permit as a bonafide "security guard" to carry in Illinois but 1) had to pass the background check 2) had to have certified training 3) had to be employed as a security guard by a legitimate Illinois company and 4) could only carry while "on the job."

If this is the "permit" that is required it could be worked out just like this (assuming that Illinois hasn't changed the law since 10 years ago.)

Top Bottom