How Is Kokomo Show (July 22nd)? Worth Drive?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doc Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2017
    Elkhart
    Curious how the Kokomo Show is... Not been there do not know what to expect. Is it worth 1 1/2 hour drve??? Lots of gun stuff or full of beanie babys, jewelery and snake oil?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have been down to it a few times and usually find something I am interested it. They usually have quite a few tables of used guns. Of course Brad usually makes me buy a knife every time I go down there.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I like it, last firearm purchase was a used Browning A5 12 gage semi-auto shotgun in very fine condition for $400. I usually find something I want/need. Last show I attended there I purchased several items for an AR build ~ Barrel, upper receiver, Stock with buffer assembly, forearm and misc. Lots of used firearms, some collectable firearms (though the owners seem too proud of them for me). There are a few vendors of Jerky, eyeglass cleaner, nuts etc., but not any more than most other shows.

Last show had 2 well stocked vendors of AR firearms, lowers, uppers, parts and accessories at darn good prices. 2 or 3 knife vendors (including Brad). Sometimes a guy there with BP accessories and parts. DON"T come expecting to purchase any food from the vendor there, as it is the worst of any GS I attend. However there are several good restaurants near by including Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral etc. I will be going with my son either Saturday or Sunday.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    There are some older guns there so if you are after something specific then it might be worth the drive. I enjoy going but I'm only about 35 min away. I'll be there Saturday at some point.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    It is hit or miss, especially during the summer.
    The venue is nice.
    If the drive wasn't so far, it would rank higher on my scale.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I give the show about a 3 out of 10. Same stuff over and over.
    I totally agree same old people with the same guns at ridiculously high prices that you can usually beat on the internet. I have gone to this show many times and these guys with used handguns are the epitome of the old saying that I use as my signature. They must love packing and unpacking their wares in the same boxes over and over again. Absolutely incredible!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I went to the last show they had. I thought it was going to be bigger, but there were still a fair number of vendors and attendees. There were a lot of used pistols, especially S&W revolvers, that people were asking an arm and a leg for. It has been previously mentioned that the vendors must really enjoy hauling the same firearms around for years. What was surprising to me was the really fair prices I saw on military surplus rifles. If I do head there Saturday it will be for the surplus rifles and to see some vendors I enjoy conversing with

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I live 20 minutes away. I go about every three years when I want to burn about 15 minutes actually in the show. Same stuff (some of it non-firearms). Meh!! Just me though.

Top Bottom