• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Best comment from the story: The burglar/thief now knows where you live, that you called the cops on him, that you are alone at night, and that you don't have the guts to shoot him. Don't talk to the media; they are not your friend.

I'm glad she's okay...he was a wanted felon on the run from the cops, this could have been very bad for her. Note to Ms Wood, lock your doors (especially when home alone!!! IN BED!)...also, after he was out of the house and running she shot 'to scare him away'. What's our position on warning shots again?

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Best comment from the story: The burglar/thief now knows where you live, that you called the cops on him, that you are alone at night, and that you don't have the guts to shoot him. Don't talk to the media; they are not your friend.

I'm glad she's okay...he was a wanted felon on the run from the cops, this could have been very bad for her. Note to Ms Wood, lock your doors (especially when home alone!!! IN BED!)...also, after he was out of the house and running she shot 'to scare him away'. What's our position on warning shots again?

Warning shots are a huge no no! I nearly went to jail for firing a warning shot when 2 teen age boys were charging at me.
    Turned out I knew one of the boys parents and the other boy's father was so mad at his son for what I caught him doin that he said he deserved to be shot. Other wise I'd pribably be typing this from prison.
    Given the circumstances I am glad I didn't shoot them, not really sure what I'd do if I had it to do over.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Warning shots are a huge no no! I nearly went to jail for firing a warning shot when 2 teen age boys were charging at me.
    Turned out I knew one of the boys parents and the other boy's father was so mad at his son for what I caught him doin that he said he deserved to be shot. Other wise I'd pribably be typing this from prison.
    Given the circumstances I am glad I didn't shoot them, not really sure what I'd do if I had it to do over.

I think any prosecutor will give a 17 year old in this situation a pass on any warning shots even if they were running away. And I don't necessarily think it was a bad thing to do myself. After all, she was alone and there is every reason to believe the mope could have doubled back and tried it again with more finesse. A shot to remind him of the consequences is not a bad idea.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The "attempted murder" at the end was over the top. I'd bet she gets a pass as well. Still, not the best idea and yet another reason why training is so important. Gotta know when to shoot or not shoot, and have some experience "making the call" under at least a little stress.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What's our position on warning shots again?

You are a bad, bad man. ;)

Warning shots are a huge no no!

I learned on INGO that shooting into the ground is an effective way to corral loose dogs back to their yard.

True story. :)

Good for the young lady to effectively corral a burglar out of her house. Hope she uses this as motivation to become more adept in these situations.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The thumbnail for the video, if of the gun she used, indicates a single action revolver of one sort, definitely neither a Ruger nor Colt.
    Have to agree that warning shots are idiotic and dangerous.
    The hoodlum involved is lucky that she was so forgiving, because he wouldn't have gotten such benefit of the doubt from most of us, especially those of us with more than just ourselves in the house.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The story says that the guy "came in to the house". She said that she heard the screen door open then close.

So they know there's a bad guy on the loose and they don't lock the doors?

Top Bottom