Can they ever ship a lower to you directly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just got off the phone with PSA. I'm RMAing my lower because the bolt catch pin appears to be too low and will not engage the bolt.

The rep said if they fix and return the lower I have on my desk right now they can send it back directly to me. If they have to send a new lower then it will have to go to my FFL.

Is that correct? I thought ANY firearm being shipped had to go a FFL. :scratch:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just got off the phone with PSA. I'm RMAing my lower because the bolt catch pin appears to be too low and will not engage the bolt.

The rep said if they fix and return the lower I have on my desk right now they can send it back directly to me. If they have to send a new lower then it will have to go to my FFL.

Is that correct? I thought ANY firearm being shipped had to go a FFL. :scratch:

If it is yours, it can be sent to you. If not yours yet, then FFL.

When I travel I usually have long guns sent forward and link up with them.

Then there is intra state, but your questions is inter.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it is yours, it can be sent to you. If not yours yet, then FFL.

When I travel I usually have long guns sent forward and link up with them.

Then there is intra state, but your questions is inter.

Thanks. I was thinking it always had to go thru a FFL. And considering the rep kept calling my lower an upper as she described the process (and correcting herself) I wanted to make sure she wasnt more confused than she already sounded.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Thanks. I was thinking it always had to go thru a FFL. And considering the rep kept calling my lower an upper as she described the process (and correcting herself) I wanted to make sure she wasnt more confused than she already sounded.

She is correct...UNLESS...you use a FFL to ship it back to PSA . Then since it is on the FFL's books it will need to go back to them. At least that has been my experience in the paat.

Last edited:

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    Yep, FedEx picked up my 686+ to go back to S&W from my house. They later brought it back directly to my house. The only bad part is they gave it to my wife and she wanted to claim it as hers.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No doubt they can if its already yours. I went through this a few months back on a Bci lower i bought that didnt have the hole drilled for the bolt catch roll pin. You're good to go

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My gut says its going to be a new lower, however. The pin isnt actually drilled too low; the built up part of the billet where the pin goes isnt high enough. The hole is square in the center of the thick part. I think that thick part is .65mm (ish) too low, causing the hole to be too low.

If they can fix this lower, I'll be VERY surprised. In fact I think I will suggest sending the rifle complete so they can function test it as a whole so they have no excuse. ("it looked right to us so we shipped it back")

Top Bottom