• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Pardon my ignorance, but I occasionally(frequently?) see posts that have "phone number hidden... with a string of code". I assume some kind of violation of forum rules? Auto block feature? Just curious.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you are referring to the ads in the classifieds this info is blocked to stop visitors (non-members) from using the sub-forum.

Members (not all but some) post up personal info to put the item they have for sale up to a broader audience.

As we are not gun broker or other such sites we choose to not allow non-member or sub 50 posts members from this benefit.

Like the rule or not it is a rule and in place for good reasons the general membership does not always see.

-CM-

ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I'll see it when I'm not logged in. It looks like you can't see all the pictures posted on INGO if you aren't logged in. Sign in and you'll see that the "phone number hidden" link is then changed to the pictures. Just my experience. I can't explain the code/rule behind it.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Ah ha! That is why it has seemed to come and go. I changed devices that I was using when on the forums and was not always logged in. Was worried it was the Russians playing with me.:cool:

delwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Walkerton
    It's all over the place, not just the classifieds. It's not even always pictures. My best guess is that any url with a string of numbers in it that might look like a phone number gets automatically blocked for second and third class citizens.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    If you are referring to the ads in the classifieds this info is blocked to stop visitors (non-members) from using the sub-forum.

Members (not all but some) post up personal info to put the item they have for sale up to a broader audience.

As we are not gun broker or other such sites we choose to not allow non-member or sub 50 posts members from this benefit.

Like the rule or not it is a rule and in place for good reasons the general membership does not always see.

-CM-

But you see it outside of the classifieds. For example, from the "New holster: opinions" thread in the Handguns forum:

phone_number_hidden.jpg

When you login, you see this:

phone_number_hidden_logged_in.jpg

:dunno:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

-CM-

Thank You, I guess, I am like Expat, I don't spend enough time in the classifieds .....

delwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Walkerton
    In gopher's post above, I see:

[quoted post]

But you see it outside of the classifieds. For example, from the "New holster: opinions" thread in the Handguns forum:

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)" id="attachment57474" rel="Lightbox_7172649" target="_blank" >

[visible screenshot]
    ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)&thumb=1" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version. Name: phone_number_hidden.jpg Views: 1 Size: 654.6 KB ID: 57474" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

When you login, you see this:

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)" id="attachment57475" rel="Lightbox_7172649" target="_blank" >
    [visible screenshot]
    ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)&thumb=1" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version. Name: phone_number_hidden_logged_in.jpg Views: 1 Size: 220.5 KB ID: 57475" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I'll see it when I'm not logged in. It looks like you can't see all the pictures posted on INGO if you aren't logged in. Sign in and you'll see that the "phone number hidden" link is then changed to the pictures. Just my experience. I can't explain the code/rule behind it.

This. I see it all the time when I'm on a work computer on break, when I'm not logged on.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Wait, so what I'm hearing is that people actually log OUT of INGO?? :faint:

The forum coding changed few months ago, something regarding privacy settings.

I run AdBlock and Ghostery on my browser and 3rd party cookies and trackers blocked.

I have set cookie exceptions to allow on very specific websites, ingunowners.com is one of them.

Before the change, I stayed log on to INGO, but after the change, I still can log on but it would kick me out after turning few pages or no activity for few minutes.

I have to constantly log back in,

Top Bottom