• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    This is amazing. I would have loved to have been able to pick one of the 10,000 up when they hit the CMP, but I knew price and demand probably wouldn't have allowed it. I'd be quite content adding a 100 year old handgun to my collection

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a prediction. Once it passes the Senate, and the CMP actually offers them, work for anyone who is set up to work on 1911's is going to be in high demand.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a prediction. Once it passes the Senate, and the CMP actually offers them, work for anyone who is set up to work on 1911's is going to be in high demand.
    I imagine many of those transfers will be junk. Someone gotta give 'em some love.

Could give CM some extra cheeseburger money.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm happy as hell, the 10,000 original number came with a hefty $1K plus price tag for beat up and worn out, but now ALL of them...
    i know personally of a handful of Indiana based Army Reserve Colt NM's that were just effing STELLAR examples of JMB's gift to the world! To get my hands on even ONE of them,...

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Dunno if my limited experience with the military issue 1911 in my fours in the Navy (carried every three or four days on watch tour and did the PM and training on them as a Gunner's Mate) amounts to much, but by far the the best ones we had were either Colt or Ithaca.
    The Remington Rand made ones were pretty roughly finished, and the Union Switch & Signal made ones were a step even below the RR ones.
    I never saw one of the much talked about and very rare Singer made ones, though.
    If you should buy one and intend it for serious business, you'll most definitely need to get a bit of work to tighten it up a bit.
    Several of ours would stovepipe and even occasionally have the barrel bushings spontaneously pop out during qualification shoots.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Not wanting to start another CMP thread, I saw on the m14 forum today that the CMP is getting 86,000 more M1Garands from the Philippines sometime this year

Top Bottom