• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I'm leading a bus trip through work,there and back, to Makanda, IL. Still room if you are in NE IN. $100 covers transportation and education and a filter.

No gun for me - work, and People's Republic of Illinois.

Will a knife do?

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I'm leading a bus trip through work,there and back, to Makanda, IL. Still room if you are in NE IN. $100 covers transportation and education and a filter.

No gun for me - work, and People's Republic of Illinois.

Will a knife do?

Where are you departing from?

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I read it as "Makanda, IL" Smack dab in the middle of nowhere. :dunno:

The bus is DEPARTING from NE IN and going to smack dab in the middle of no where. I want to know where it is leaving from.

On another note, the hotels in the path are price gouging. SMH...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The bus is DEPARTING from NE IN and going to smack dab in the middle of no where. I want to know where it is leaving from.

On another note, the hotels in the path are price gouging. SMH...

Ah, yes, my reading comprehension is a bit off. I read "there and back" as a round trip from Makanda.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've been thinking of taking the day off to go see it. Anyone know where the closest point is to get the total eclipse from Indy? Obviously, I can see the path on a lot of maps, but it isn't so easy to tell the shortest distance (timewise) to a good view point.

I figure that maybe seeing it in some small town or country road might be the best bet to avoid overcrowding (though I don't really know if any particular place will be crowded at all).

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    we'll be driving into KY to see it on Monday, and camping out in the back of the SUV. I've heard that the interstate highways are going to be one giant parking lot heading into the event so we are going down 41 along the west side of the state to try to avoid the traffic.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I've been thinking of taking the day off to go see it. Anyone know where the closest point is to get the total eclipse from Indy? Obviously, I can see the path on a lot of maps, but it isn't so easy to tell the shortest distance (timewise) to a good view point.

I figure that maybe seeing it in some small town or country road might be the best bet to avoid overcrowding (though I don't really know if any particular place will be crowded at all).

This Driveshed may help. I 57 at Goreville, IL and I 65 at White House, TN are listed.

eclipse-infographic-8-21-2017-e1498416691544.jpg

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    ECLIPSE VIEWER WARNING: Test you viewer. If you can see ANYTHING besides the sun through it (lights, windows, etc.) it is dangerous. DO NOT USE IT. Doesn't matter how it is marked or what standards it says it meets. Test it, and don't use it if you can see anything except the sun through it. I have some that came in from China and they are NOT SAFE for solar viewing, in spite of printing that says they meet ISO standard 12312-2-2015. Don't take chances with your eyes.

Top Bottom