Ft Wayne Burger King employee shot in face by robber, drives self to hospital.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    another lazy non productive POS harming people who actually work and pay the bills. I hope she recovers fully. It is time to take our communities back.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    this has me scratching my head....

Although some people think it’s safer to travel in groups, in situations like this, it’s actually recommended to leave one at a time.
    “There’s safety in numbers but in this particular case if one person goes to a car, if you’re riding together, that person makes it safely to the car. Then you’ve got individuals that are watching,” Officer Joyner said. “The person gets in the car that’s driving, pulls up to the business, next person gets in, next person gets in and you go.”

I would consider #'s a deterrent.

Everyone watching one person walk to their car... watching what? watching that person get attacked? There's no deterrent there.
    And from the description of the event, it sounds like they were already all in the car, trying to drive off... is this nonsense even relevant to the event?

-rvb

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    this has me scratching my head....

I would consider #'s a deterrent.

Everyone watching one person walk to their car... watching what? watching that person get attacked? There's no deterrent there.
    And from the description of the event, it sounds like they were already all in the car, trying to drive off... is this nonsense even relevant to the event?

-rvb

In short, make it less obvious who has the deposit bag and make it harder to control the situation for the robber. If five people leave separately and you don't know who has the bag, do you still go through with the holdup? Same risk, only 20% odds of a reward. If five people are in one car, they are all easily contained and monitored. One in a car, one in the parking lot, one watching through the window...much more difficult to contain everyone and prevent 911 calls, etc.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    In short, make it less obvious who has the deposit bag and make it harder to control the situation for the robber. If five people leave separately and you don't know who has the bag, do you still go through with the holdup? Same risk, only 20% odds of a reward. If five people are in one car, they are all easily contained and monitored. One in a car, one in the parking lot, one watching through the window...much more difficult to contain everyone and prevent 911 calls, etc.

ok, I wasn't thinking deposit bag, I was just thinking in general group going out to their car (deposit bag isn't a situation I have to deal with)...
    seems still just as easy to watch for the person carrying something resembling a deposit bag and go after that person as they leave the building...

-rvb

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ok, I wasn't thinking deposit bag, I was just thinking in general group going out to their car (deposit bag isn't a situation I have to deal with)...
    seems still just as easy to watch for the person carrying something resembling a deposit bag and go after that person as they leave the building...

-rvb

Surely you can think of ways to conceal a deposit bag and/or make sure one person doesn't stand out. Bigger gals have an easier time...just sayin'.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Or just ensure that all five people are armed.

Top Bottom