• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Couldn't find any threads. Anyone go and what we're prices. Never been there and didn't k ow if it was worth the drive. Looking for a Colt Competition 1911.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Went this morning and was a bit disappointed. I did find a new hand guard for mt M4-22 but otherwise not a lot of choices for firearms, IMHO. There were a ton of knives though as well as ammo. .22 didn't seem to be too overpriced. Met the guys from Gray Wolf. I don't remember seeing many 1911's but really wasn't looking for them. I'd say save the $5 and gas money unless you're really bored.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Went this morning and was a bit disappointed. I did find a new hand guard for mt M4-22 but otherwise not a lot of choices for firearms, IMHO. There were a ton of knives though as well as ammo. .22 didn't seem to be too overpriced. Met the guys from Gray Wolf. I don't remember seeing many 1911's but really wasn't looking for them. I'd say save the $5 and gas money unless you're really bored.

Thanks. Yeah I will just probably order it. My LGS has a Kimber TLE he's trying to get me to buy which has a couple more bells and whistles for around the same price but I am just sort of liking that Colt. And the range bag and gear for free is a plus

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I saw one fairly good price on a Berretta APX for $460. The rest was average to high and pretty sparse gun wise. Brad was there if you want a good deal on a new stabby toy though.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Do any of you expect the small sellers to compete with big box stores with their power to buy guns & ammo.at volume prices?
    You go to a gun show to find the un expected ,unusual item.Be it gun ,knife, odd ammo or parts. When looking for a specific used gun i would go to a show expecting to pay a premium for the piece that i want .You will probably not find it at a big box store.
    Yes you could buy from the internet ,but i like to put hands on before i pull out the cash. QUIT bashing the gun shows and dealers one day you may find they are GONE for good.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Bashing?? I wouldn't call it bashing they said there was not a lot of choice in firearms. I would sooner find that out here than spend time, gas and money getting in to discover that.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    no one was bashing .Just pointing out some thoughts .
    Just saying that gun shows are like gun boards
    go to each for information ,and friendship with like minded individuals
    Of course some just go to gun forums just to look at the for sale section

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Do any of you expect the small sellers to compete with big box stores with their power to buy guns & ammo.at volume prices?
    You go to a gun show to find the un expected ,unusual item.Be it gun ,knife, odd ammo or parts. When looking for a specific used gun i would go to a show expecting to pay a premium for the piece that i want .You will probably not find it at a big box store.
    Yes you could buy from the internet ,but i like to put hands on before i pull out the cash. QUIT bashing the gun shows and dealers one day you may find they are GONE for good.

Bashing?? I wouldn't call it bashing they said there was not a lot of choice in firearms. I would sooner find that out here than spend time, gas and money getting in to discover that.

no one was bashing .Just pointing out some thoughts .
    Just saying that gun shows are like gun boards
    go to each for information ,and friendship with like minded individuals
    Of course some just go to gun forums just to look at the for sale section

People need to quit confusing the issue with facts...
    Add purple where needed!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I didn't make the most recent show, but at the one before it, I did find quite a few good items that I had been looking for that I really couldn't have found anywhere else. For example, I found a .32 ACP conversion cylinder for a Russian 1895 Nagant revolver. That one item alone would make the show worthwhile for an attendee...but I found far more than that! Got a small quantity of 30-30 and 7mm Mauser once fired brass for 10 cents per round and a couple of spam cans of 7.62x54R and 7.62x25 for less than I can buy them online or at a gunshop. If you like surplus, vintage stuff, or just scrounging for bargains, then gunshows can be your bread and butter. I know I was very pleased with the items I bought and the prices I paid.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Everybody's expectations and experiences are different when it comes to gun & knife shows. Many times I have seen in these gun & knife show threads where some people say that it was a great show and others say it wasn't, and they were disappointed....and this for the exact same show. :dunno:

To make an assumption that a show is bad, and deciding not to attend based on one or two people's opinion may lead you to missing out on finding a good deal and/or enjoying the show in general. It's relative cheap entertainment for a few hours or more at a show. Most of the smaller shows it only costs $5 to $6 to get in, and parking is usually free. :twocents:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Everybody's expectations and experiences are different when it comes to gun & knife shows. Many times I have seen in these gun & knife show threads where some people say that it was a great show and others say it wasn't, and they were disappointed....and this for the exact same show. :dunno:

To make an assumption that a show is bad, and deciding not to attend based on one or two people's opinion may lead you to missing out on finding a good deal and/or enjoying the show in general. It's relative cheap entertainment for a few hours or more at a show. Most of the smaller shows it only costs $5 to $6 to get in, and parking is usually free. :twocents:

Agreed for the most part, although I can see where it might make a difference if someone is going to make a 2 hour drive one way to get there. The last Marion Co. Fairgrounds show I went to, I bought my first "expensive" (I'm not complaining about the price, but not really being a "knife guy" it was expensive compared to anything else I've owned) from you - a little CRKT that I absolutely love and now carry every day (when I'm not at work at least). :)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Agreed for the most part, although I can see where it might make a difference if someone is going to make a 2 hour drive one way to get there. The last Marion Co. Fairgrounds show I went to, I bought my first "expensive" (I'm not complaining about the price, but not really being a "knife guy" it was expensive compared to anything else I've owned) from you - a little CRKT that I absolutely love and now carry every day (when I'm not at work at least). :)

Agreed....Looking at it from a non vendor perspective, I'm about sure that I wouldn't drive much more than a hour to any "smaller" show. For me there is only three Indiana shows worth driving 2 or more hours for......Indy 1500, Crown Point, and Valparaiso. :twocents:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    The "main" difference between a good show and a bad show is finding that one thing you've been looking for. I've gone to a lot of shows in the last 20 - 25 years and if I find that one thing it was a great show. Gun shows are a marathon, not a sprint. Take the time and really look at what's on the tables. You MIGHT find stuff you'll never find on the net.

Top Bottom