• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I'm sure the folks with bad experiences will chime in.
    I, on the other hand, wish 'em luck and am glad there's more places for folks to go shooting.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Since this is the only in door rifle range in the county, there kinda isn't a choice. Let's all give it a try

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Sounds like the monthly pass is a good deal and so would be the party option, comparatively speaking. Definitely will be nice to be able to shoot my ar's without having to drive an hour away. Do wish they had a 50 yard(at least) bay for the rifles.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Sounds like the monthly pass is a good deal and so would be the party option, comparatively speaking. Definitely will be nice to be able to shoot my ar's without having to drive an hour away. Do wish they had a 50 yard(at least) bay for the rifles.

Beggers can't be choosers

I'm just glad I don't have drive an hour to Jasper every time I want to shoot my rifle. Now it looks like I can shoot it more often.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't need a place to shoot but would be interested in hearing opinions about the gun shop. Good to deal with???

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Since the store just opened, some slack can be given since it's everybody's first day there essentially. Hopefully by the time I get there, they got their bearings

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I wish them the best of luck, but I do not think I will find much fun shooting my rifles at only 25 yards. The trip to an outdoor range is more than worth it to me, I do not minding spending an extra hour driving to and from a range. YMMV

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I had a great experience there, and with their weekday rate of $5 for a half hour of range time, I will have no use for a monthly pass.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    They also have classes, including an AR class. That's pretty nice.

I'll sign up for a class. I need a refresher and for the half off price, that's not bad

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For myself, their Shooter's Pass is very worthwhile. I've been a member of the Greenwood location almost since they opened. ~$35 per month for 4 - 5 range trips is a good deal, considering I'm usually there around an hour each time. There have been times I've stayed past my hour as well, when it wasn't busy. The best time for me to go is usually first thing in the morning on Saturday when there aren't any specials. Considering the normal range pricing for an hour is $18, the Shooter's Pass is a bargain for anyone planning to go more than twice a month.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    anybody else been there yet?
    i was looking through the range rules, i dont see any mention of jacketed ammo only. i only shoot jacketed ammo out my glock, but my 1911's i only use lead SWC...

:cheers:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I signed up for 9/19, which class are you thinking about?
    9/9

I just came back from my first time over there. Very clean since it's a new building. A lot more staff than I thought. Didn't have to wait long.

Though what I wasn't expecting was because of either the way I was shooting my rifle or the ammo, my brass was bouncing off the walls and right back at me. This is the first time I was shooting indoors with my AR

Though, I'm not sure about the 4 box of .223 for 25 bucks. It is re manufactured brass

Last edited:

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I too just went in this weekend. Very clean and well lit, unlike anything in Porter county. ATTENTION VETS, 50% OFF ON BOTH MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMS. Just bring in your DD214 and good to go. Makes the shooters pass at least a no brainer.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I too just went in this weekend. Very clean and well lit, unlike anything in Porter county. ATTENTION VETS, 50% OFF ON BOTH MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMS. Just bring in your DD214 and good to go. Makes the shooters pass at least a no brainer.

Is that for vets, or currently serving military? Or both? I looked, but didn't see anything on their site...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Stopped by there last night on my way home from work for a quick once over. Nice place and will be back in a week or two after the place gets back to a dull roar.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom