• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Sounds like it was reholstered while seated and he maybe got a piece of his shirt or something tucked into the trigger housing. Standing up pulled the trigger?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Female deputy.

I'm off and don't know anything about the official investigation. After talking with someone who was there it sounds like the speculation of those present was somehow the armrest of the chair hit the trigger. That could be wrong. I don't know what kind of holster, what gun, what officer, etc. I'd be curious what type of holster, though, if I can find out.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Our daughter and son in law just came by the house to pick up their youngest daughter after attending Lt. Allan's funeral. Our SIL was sitting in the chair right next to the AD. Our SIL told me that he did not recognize the noise as a gun shot until the officer next to him asked if he was OK. The officer then pointed to the hole in his chair. His service weapon was still in it's holster and had fired through the bottom of the holster and through the chair. The injured officer was in the row behind them. This happened as they were getting up at the end of the service. Because of the investigation, our family members ended up being at the end of the procession to the cemetery. They did miss the transition of the casket from Bankers Life to the funeral car.
    Needless to say, our daughter is a bit frazzled by today's events.
    Our SIL did say "I can cross off 'Almost being shot at a funeral' from my bucket list".

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Our daughter and son in law just came by the house to pick up their youngest daughter after attending Lt. Allan's funeral. Our SIL was sitting in the chair right next to the AD. Our SIL told me that he did not recognize the noise as a gun shot until the officer next to him asked if he was OK. The officer then pointed to the hole in his chair. His service weapon was still in it's holster and had fired through the bottom of the holster and through the chair. The injured officer was in the row behind them. This happened as they were getting up at the end of the service. Because of the investigation, our family members ended up being at the end of the procession to the cemetery. They did miss the transition of the casket from Bankers Life to the funeral car.
    Needless to say, our daughter is a bit frazzled by today's events.
    Our SIL did say "I can cross off 'Almost being shot at a funeral' from my bucket list".

Thanks for the info and im glad all yours are safe. I still wonder what pulled the trigger. Guns don't spontaneously combust in proper holsters

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I think we just had a discussion about the new rage of striker fired 5 lbs triggers?

A close friend called several years ago asked if I would come and pick him up from the hospital.
    Because he had shot himself and didn't want anyone to know.
    Does not look good on the old career ya know.
    Our collective best guess was his underwear was stuck in the trigger when he set down in the car "bang".
    It was a G19 in a decent holster.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We are issued the Safariland ALS holsters for the TLR1 lights. Here is a picture of mine. If my finger can reach the trigger, so can a foreign object. His gun never left the holster at the time of the ND. We were all sitting on top of one another during the funeral. This is a very freak accident that really shouldn't condemn the officer nor the holster.

GH1fJjH.jpg

8q3KnAx.jpg

y1B6Xun.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think we just had a discussion about the new rage of striker fired 5 lbs triggers?

A close friend called several years ago asked if I would come and pick him up from the hospital.
    Because he had shot himself and didn't want anyone to know.
    Does not look good on the old career ya know.
    Our collective best guess was his underwear was stuck in the trigger when he set down in the car "bang".
    It was a G19 in a decent holster.

This one? https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/440156-hammer-gun-gun-antique.html

Top Bottom