Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Yeah, I first thought Photoshop. Someone moving the sign makes sense, too. I can't imagine WalMart set that up intentionally.

That's one issue with social media. Everything can be national news in an instant, and no one has to think critically about what they see/read.

My first thought was Photoshop as well, or perhaps a visual perspective trick (aka trick photography), but apparently it really did happen and WalMart admits the sign was actually where it appears to have been in the photo in their Twitter responses.

Those who advocate carry on public school property should be pleased WalMart is supporting them. The irony, however is this was in the Evansville WalMart, where apparently firearms to "own the schools" can be advocated, but the city doesn't want anyone to "own the public parks and zoo" with any firearms. Seems a bit incongruous to me. :nuts:

John

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    All it takes is one customer or employee with an inappropriate sense of humor or maliciousness and a few seconds to move the sign.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I posted this in the funny pic thread. Extra fun that it is Evansville (allegedly). Thing is I don't remember the west side Walmart having those style display racks. Then again, I haven't been there for a good while.

Totally believe it is the result of a customer's hooliganism.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I call shenanigans!

If it were for real, the sign would have been placed atop a case with ARs and AKs. You can't expect kids to properly own their school year with bolt action rimfire rifle.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I want to know what kind of Walmart has displays like that, where you can actually see the guns close up. Local Walmart has them in a glass case behind a counter, area roped off with employees only sign. Rarely do I see anyone at the counter, so no easy way to tell exactly what model firearms they have or what the price is. When someone is at the counter, there is suddenly a swarm of customers around them asking questions.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I want to know what kind of Walmart has displays like that, where you can actually see the guns close up. Local Walmart has them in a glass case behind a counter, area roped off with employees only sign. Rarely do I see anyone at the counter, so no easy way to tell exactly what model firearms they have or what the price is. When someone is at the counter, there is suddenly a swarm of customers around them asking questions.

It's an older floor plan. The store in Niles, MI had that set up for years. Earlier this year, they reset the entire department and now they have the sliding glass door cases.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah, see unless they have very recently remodeled, the west side Walmart has a flat case against the wall behind the counter. East side does not sell guns, Newburgh & Boonville don't either I think.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    My first thought was Photoshop as well, or perhaps a visual perspective trick (aka trick photography), but apparently it really did happen and WalMart admits the sign was actually where it appears to have been in the photo in their Twitter responses.

Those who advocate carry on public school property should be pleased WalMart is supporting them. The irony, however is this was in the Evansville WalMart, where apparently firearms to "own the schools" can be advocated, but the city doesn't want anyone to "own the public parks and zoo" with any firearms. Seems a bit incongruous to me. :nuts:

John

not the Evansville Wal-Mart the west side store (the only one that sells guns) here's a pic of the west side Wal-Mart gun counter

View attachment 58063

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    not the Evansville Wal-Mart the west side store (the only one that sells guns) here's a pic of the west side Wal-Mart gun counter

View attachment 58063

Truly bizarre . . .
    WalMart just sank to a new low. Before I posted about Evansville, I went to WalMart's Twitter feed and found the thread containing WalMart's exchange with "Jared" asking about the store location to ensure that WTHR wasn't duped or that the report on WTHR was a reporting error . . . then I looked up #1341 just to be certain WTHR had it right about the store location. WalMart, indeed, told a "Jared" who inquired about the store location that it was store #1341. Aside from that, WalMart has been responding to countless hundreds tweets about it that the sign was taken down and moved. Yup, store #1341 is the Evansville store by their own database and it's how they've got their national website organized by store number to show web pages for individual stores.

The person(s) tweeting WalMart's replies to people on the WalMart Twitter feed are lying, or they're in desperate need of glass belly buttons because they've got their heads so far up their rectums they need windshields to see where they're going. Conclusion: WalMart's responses to inquiries and remarks on its Twitter feed have absolutely zero credibility. Wouldn't believe a thing they claim on their Twitter feed now. The photo may have been a different store or a hoax after all, but on the WalMart Twitter feed, from WalMart's own tweets responding to people, which cannot be faked unless someone hacked WalMart's corporate Twitter feed, you wouldn't know it.

John

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Wally world in Martinsville is still like this, at least it was a few weeks ago.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Now if the kids are in Chiraq they may have a really good reason to buy the rifles as part of their school supplies for self defense classes.

Top Bottom