• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    That is a very cool range. The video did a bad job of explaining how and why it is safe but I figured it out around 2 min in. Or maybe it is obvious and I'm dumber than a bag of hammers.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    It sure looks safe enough to me. Wondering how long the range is, didn't hear anything on the video regarding that. Noticed one younger guy shooting what looked like my K31!

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Flat space is a premium in a mountainous country. Looks like an inventive way of using your surroundings. And the Swiss rifles that they were shooting are neat too.

anvil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2017
    N.E. In.
    I was on those ranges last year*** also indoor ranges. Quite a few of them across the country of Switzerland. Built very safe, very modern electronics. Many had fast speed target carriers for shorter ranges. Yes long range targets are 300 meters. Some of guns in video are probable select fire, as military gets to bring them home to keep after active service. Also I was offered a beer by the range officer/club president,, in between me shooting. perfectly acceptable there, as most ranges of size have their own bar/restruant, along with reloading gunsmithing rooms open to members. Members there were very proud to show me their Swiss lugers. Also black powder matchlocks and large caliber hand cannons very popular. I fired one that was around 75-80 cal. I also got a personal tour by the owner of the old black powder Swiss factory, known for highest quality black powder still made today. Much of factory still runs on water power.

Top Bottom