• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not to rustle anyones jimmies, but there seems to be a large swath of people placing ads on the INGO classifieds that are a bit out of tune with reality, to put it lightly. Here are a few observations:

1] The used gun market is VERY saturated. Go to any local gun store and they are stacking used guns on top of each other. New gun prices are coming down fast. First tip, if you are listing your gun USED for more than Bud's Guns (for example) has it NEW, it ain't gonna sell. There are several current ads up like this right now.

2] If you have bumped your ad 10 times without dropping your price, your prince is never going to come. Just sayin. We are a relatively small community and everyone has probably seen your ad within 72 hours. We admire your dedication, but it ain't gonna happen.

3] If you have frankenjiggered your pistol with a dremel tool and a bunch of after market doodads, it's not worth more than a new pistol. I tend to value these guns way lower personally.

My personal strategy? Find out what the gun costs new as of today, and subtract $100. Place the ad. If no one bites, I drop the price by at least $25 each bump until it sells or until it hits a price I can't live with and it goes in the safe.

Cheers!

Nak

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You don't how hard it is to bite your tongue when you see an ad where the price of something is a few hundred dollars above where it should be. And don't get me started on round count. I always automatically X5 whatever is posted.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Some of these builds on here sound like an old log cabin with new siding! (Oh yeah, some even have new door knobs):laugh:

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    So you are trying to tell me my Iberia 40 S&W with only 1 round fired. Remember this pistol is not made anymore. So it is not worth $250? And My RG 22 revolver with only 6 rounds fired is not worth $200? I would trade even up, both of these nearly mint collectables for a Colt Viper or King Cobra, possibly even a Dan Wesson pistol pack.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It's not just here where this is occurring. I've noticed it on Armslist as well. There was a PPQ for sale on Armslist that was a bit over retail, and that was before factoring in the discount Walther offers. It made me chuckle.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like seeing the ones with godawful, hideous cosmetic mods... for barely less than MSRP.

Like, c'mon man, that **** cuts the value down drastically.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    While i agree on some points, it is also a free market and people can ask what they feel is right. That being said, definitely some things listed not only here, but everywhere, that are above retail thru numerous outlets. Hard to put a price on an ar that was home built however. I had one listed recently that definitely was a step above buying your low end budget ARs. Just the bcg alone was worth 1/4 of some new entry level ARs. Gotta say i haven't had a lot of luck selling anything on INGO but plenty of success on Armslist, even requiring seeing ltch, signing bill of sale, etc. I'll continue to post here first cause I'd rather give first dibs to INGO community, but after a week it either goes back in the safe or up on Armslist and usually within a week i sell. Must be somewhat reasonably priced for them to sell. I also pad a little in my "Asking price" because i know im gonna be offered less, and then usually am happy accepting the first offer. Just my :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So many people got hosed during the balloon. Price were falsely inflated in the search for a fast buck. So many people pushed accept on the credit card at the big box stores and paid way the hell to much for the pieces they brought home.

Now, when the bills are due and Momma figures out what happened (not always but more than some are aware of) the gun goes up for sale and reality hits.

Or they are just flippers with 51 posts still thinking there is a fast buck to be made. There isn't. Not anymore.

There are ads being bumped for months right now. Make an offer and you get a stern "I will not loose any money on a gun"........Well, if you want to sell it in this market yes. Yes you are or it can go back in the safe. I do not care if is NIB unfired it is still a used gun. You paid the mark up and took the hit.

Frankenjiggered................I like that. Thing is all of my pieces have after market parts all over/in them. Care to run one. I am willing to bet you will not use that term when done.

The flippers are slowly leaving in search of the next great thing. This one is pretty much done.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    The term frankenjiggered when used in with your name,CM, has a definite different meaning than someone of unknown caliber.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    4. If you've been here since 2009 with only 177 post of which most of those (95%) are classifieds adds, you're opinion is diminished even if right. And I don't tend to think you are here for the community

Top Bottom