• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I will start with the Sig Saurer Masquito. The Warranty is good until the check clears.
    Sig Saurer gunsmith make's the claim that the owner did something to void the warranty.
    Like the owner put the return spring in backwards.
    But the returned firearm that was suppose to have been repaired. It still has the same malfunction. The firing fails to strike the chambered round.
    Then Sig Saurer's representative Ami stated that you are using the wrong Ammo. You need to use special German high Velocity 22 long rifle.

NEXT is the Kriss Vector. it was suppose to be a radical design that greatly reduced recoil.
    Problem they produce a stock that BOWs with the pull of the trigger.
    You place the stock against your shoulder. You apply the slightest pressure on the grip.
    You see the sight go way off target.
    They also make the stock to short for proper shoulder and sight.
    Then they design the stock with a considerable drop right where you place your jaw.
    When you fire the Vector. That drop slams right into your cheek bone.
    Also that Revolutionary bolt function that is suppose to reduce recoil.
    Well I have not fired many 45 cal carbines. I will say the recoil is not reduced.
    it slams back into your face just like my 30cal M1.

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Japanese Arisaka rifle, bought with a very dirty bore. When I cleaned the bore I found it was so pitted there was no rifling left! Returned to dealer (he said he thought the bore was ok, just dirty, yeah!). He wouldn't return money, but did allow the entire purchase price off of any other firearm in the shop. Traded with extra cash for a real nice Winchester Pump 12 Ga. Been several years ago ~ never made that mistake again....

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Phoenix Arm HP 22. Paid 150 for it and a little over 3k rounds of 22l during the Sandy Hook phase. We could never get that thing to run right. Ended up selling for 100. The silver lining was in the end we got a little over 3k rounds for about a cent and a half a piece when 22 was averaging 9-11 cents a round.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Waste of money is a little strong for me since I usually got close to or all of my money back, but a couple come to mind.

Officer sized 1911( Yes, CM it was in .45) for carry. Once I had it, I knew I wouldn't be carrying it much.

Sig P226. Bought because its the "greatest combat pistol there is". Had it for over a year and never had it out of the box. I did take a slight loss on that sale when you consider the guy got extra mags and the SRT for the price of the stand alone pistol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Waste of money is a little strong for me since I usually got close to or all of my money back, but a couple come to mind.

Officer sized 1911( Yes, CM it was in .45) for carry. Once I had it, I knew I wouldn't be carrying it much.

Sig P226. Bought because its the "greatest combat pistol there is". Had it for over a year and never had it out of the box. I did take a slight loss on that sale when you consider the guy got extra mags and the SRT for the price of the stand alone pistol.

:p

I owned a Keltek once. Once. It was a very short once.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sig Mosquitos are junk, always have been, probably always will be. Since they didn't even make them, it sucks that they didn't stand behind it and just get you a new one, but their gun smiths probably weren't trained as much as the true makers, GSG

The Vectors have a redesigned buttstock now, they now can have an AR buffer tube threaded into them instead of that proprietary folding stock

Back on topic......

Technically my P320 Tacops was a waste of money since I never shot the thing really, always liked shooting my 229 more, great suppressor host.

My CZ 455 Precision Trainer and Sig MPX have been money pits, not sure on the waste part but I've got a lot invested in both

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The only thing I've had close to being a waste of money has been the AR15. Went in looking for a bolt action, got caught in the excitement the guys at the store had for the ARs left with it and then put 20 rounds through it in one range trip during the 3 months I had it. I just had drive to go shoot it. Odds are nothing was wrong with it, didn't shoot it enough to know. Just learned the expensive way that I'm not an AR guy.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Remington 770 in .270. Bought it new at Walmart for $280. Cannot get it to sight in the scope. At 50 yards the rounds are all over the paper. I stripped the scope mounts off and it's a safe queen.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Henry lever action .22 rifle. Mine had enough issue ejecting spent casings to be considered a nuisance. It didn't help any when the paint was scratched on the "zincmatic" alloy receiver's side which resulted in my realizing it was built just like many of the pot metal toys I'd outgrown as a child.

Top Bottom