• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If for some reason you insist on pointing a gun at somebody who doesn't need shot, always make it yourself.

Do everyone else a favor and spare the bystanders.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Seems there must be something in the water here in NWI. A Lot of stupid s**t lately involving firearms. This crap drives me crazy. How hard is it to keep it in your holster, pocket, waistband....wherever, unless there's a true threat!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Maybe we should teach people to NOT point guns at ANYONE, EVER, unless they are a direct threat? Instead of teaching them to treat guns as if they are always loaded, hoping they won't eventually figure out that they aren't always loaded and therefore think they can treat them differently when they "know" they are "not loaded"?

Yeah, I'm gonna keep up this argument. Deal with it.

And another thing, stop ****ing with your guns if you're drinking.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I hate it when one of my sons in law carefully unholsters in a safe direction, clears his pistol and hands it to another sil to show him his new acquisition.

Mind you it is done very safely, but family gatherings are not the place to do it.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I would disagree. My family's only complaint with the current location of our annual reunion is that it's a quaker church with no range. Wait till the boys find out that Farmland C.C. is less than 5 miles away and I'm a member!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My feelings are slightly different when we are at the range than in one of the kids homes.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hate it when one of my sons in law carefully unholsters in a safe direction, clears his pistol and hands it to another sil to show him his new acquisition.

Mind you it is done very safely, but family gatherings are not the place to do it.

Tell him. I don't do this in someone else's house. Unholster I mean. I do believe responsible and trained adults and even children can handle loaded guns. All guns should be loaded anyways and treated as such. If my best and trusted friend asks me for my gun I hand it to him safely. I've been in training with him and I trust him with my life. Other people, no offense but not that much till I know I can

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Playing with weapons is not a game to be played. The consequences are illustrated in this story.

I often pull out a weapon during family gatherings where I know the family gathered knows and respects firearms. They are cleared, shown to be cleared and never pointed at other people (also, the one's I show are not brought to the room loaded! They are being shown for their interest or history). There are relatives I would never show a weapon to or teach to shoot because I consider them untrustworthy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Playing with weapons is not a game to be played. The consequences are illustrated in this story.

I often pull out a weapon during family gatherings where I know the family gathered knows and respects firearms. They are cleared, shown to be cleared and never pointed at other people (also, the one's I show are not brought to the room loaded! They are being shown for their interest or history). There are relatives I would never show a weapon to or teach to shoot because I consider them untrustworthy.

Bingo.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

That is not what I am talking about. Showing a gun out of a case or taking one out of the safe that has been previously cleared is one thing. Clearing your carry gun in a crowded room is not a good idea, in my opinion.

I can't say anything usually because I am in someone elses home. I could leave but by the time I would, the show would be over.

We argue all the time that, I should not be disarmed, for officer safety, to go to the range, to enter a federal building &t, not just because we are at risk when not armed, but because unholstering, clearing, reloading and reholstering are some of the most likely times for an ND.

Why would we do it in a room crowded with loved ones? Well maybe you don't love your inlaws so much.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That is not what I am talking about. Showing a gun out of a case or taking one out of the safe that has been previously cleared is one thing. Clearing your carry gun in a crowded room is not a good idea, in my opinion.

I can't say anything usually because I am in someone elses home. I could leave but by the time I would, the show would be over.

We argue all the time that, I should not be disarmed, for officer safety, to go to the range, to enter a federal building &t, not just because we are at risk when not armed, but because unholstering, clearing, reloading and reholstering are some of the most likely times for an ND.

Why would we do it in a room crowded with loved ones? Well maybe you don't love your inlaws so much.

You are supporting our points...as for loving the outlaws....

Top Bottom