• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A few years ago I was at a gun show and saw some plastic tubes with thread on caps, that the seller implied was for long term gun storage. Does anyone know where I might find one in the Indy area?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Not my pic but I just used PVC to store my shotgun when traveling. Stick the tube in a fold bag chair bag and you can walk around anywhere you want.

Not my pic
    541E2227-324E-4776-BFD0-764ADA0E8FC0_zpskgllf776.jpg

My pic, also I added some Magpul sling attachment to the tube and use the sling for the shotgun to carry it around.
    257834D2-BF8A-4AB5-83D4-7BF9CAD453E5_zpsgkicpfra.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My intended purpose is a bit different. My dad has some minor mobility issues. When we go on our annual fishing trip I have to make multiple trips up/down the bank to get our gear down to the water. So I am devising a plan to use a collapsible 2 wheel dolly to haul tackle boxes, small cooler and a tube to slip fishing rods down into so I only have to make one trip. I suppose a pvc pipe would do the job. I will have to go see what the largest diameter pipe I can find is.

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    A few years ago I was at a gun show and saw some plastic tubes with thread on caps, that the seller implied was for long term gun storage. Does anyone know where I might find one in the Indy area?

SO what is the point of it?? What is the difference of that and the firearm being in a case? Just trying to picture this is all.....

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    My intended purpose is a bit different. My dad has some minor mobility issues. When we go on our annual fishing trip I have to make multiple trips up/down the bank to get our gear down to the water. So I am devising a plan to use a collapsible 2 wheel dolly to haul tackle boxes, small cooler and a tube to slip fishing rods down into so I only have to make one trip. I suppose a pvc pipe would do the job. I will have to go see what the largest diameter pipe I can find is.
    I have a few of those too for fishing rods. Without the reels on them you'll need 3 inch pipe, with reels you'll need something closer to 6 inches.

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    PVC comes in some pretty impressive sizes...and as their intended purpose implies can be made water tight.

I didn't think about the water tight aspect. I guess you could bury a bunch of firearms in your back yard for some dooms day prepping. Or bury them in other locations. But if you are just going to store the firearm I would just by a cheap case for $25.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I didn't think about the water tight aspect. I guess you could bury a bunch of firearms in your back yard for some dooms day prepping. Or bury them in other locations. But if you are just going to store the firearm I would just by a cheap case for $25.

Oh I agree and have no interest or desire to bury anything. As stated a few posts back, I intend to use it to transport multiple fishing rods

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

I've never seriously considered burying a weapon...if I need a weapon the last place I want it to be is underground somewhere, if we're hiding them from the government then it's past time to have used them already.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

Where are you located? We have scrap pipe at our shop in Whitestown 1/2" to 48". What size do you need and if you are close I will hook you up.:ingo:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Where are you located? We have scrap pipe at our shop in Whitestown 1/2" to 48". What size do you need and if you are close I will hook you up.:ingo:

I'm in Indy, my brother may not know yet but I have liberated a piece of 8" pvc from him. I am going to stack everything on the cart and see if I am on the right track tomorrow.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Not my pic but I just used PVC to store my shotgun when traveling. Stick the tube in a fold bag chair bag and you can walk around anywhere you want.

Not my pic
    541E2227-324E-4776-BFD0-764ADA0E8FC0_zpskgllf776.jpg

My pic, also I added some Magpul sling attachment to the tube and use the sling for the shotgun to carry it around.
    257834D2-BF8A-4AB5-83D4-7BF9CAD453E5_zpsgkicpfra.jpg

That's a pretty slick set up you've got! Make Shotguns Great Again!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    That's a pretty slick set up you've got! Make Shotguns Great Again!
    Thank you. Fun store, a friend of mine wanted a extra shotgun to bring to a shotgun match. He ended up leaving it at home because he thought it was a bag chair that was in the pile of thing to take to the match, he did want to carry more stuff. If it fooled him it will fool anyone :D

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Biggest concern I would have with that is if spotted someone might mistake it for a rather large pipe bomb. That might be tough to explain when you are face down spread eagle with guns trained on you

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Biggest concern I would have with that is if spotted someone might mistake it for a rather large pipe bomb. That might be tough to explain when you are face down spread eagle with guns trained on you

There's already a crapload of things like this out there.
    People use pipes like this to weight down dining flies, store camping gear, etc.

Top Bottom