• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I've been using one since April and it's great for working the fundamentals. It gets confused on rapid follow up shots, though, so I think Jerry is safe for now.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That looks really cool. I assume the app works on Android as well as iPhone? I may invest in one if I ever get a gun with a rail on it.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Works fine with Android. In fact, an update a few days ago (for Android. I don't have an iOS device to confirm both) added several new modes including reloads and a speed-based trigger exercise.

As for no rail, Mantis also sells magazine floorplate adapters for a dozen or so models that add a short rail to the bottom of the mag and allow mounting the sensor.

https://mantisx.com/collections/rail-adapters

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Works fine with Android. In fact, an update a few days ago (for Android. I don't have an iOS device to confirm both) added several new modes including reloads and a speed-based trigger exercise.

As for no rail, Mantis also sells magazine floorplate adapters for a dozen or so models that add a short rail to the bottom of the mag and allow mounting the sensor.

https://mantisx.com/collections/rail-adapters

Thanks!

Wonder if that adapter for the Wilson 47D's will fit my Dawson tuned MecGars?

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Bubba - have you been happy with it overall? I've looked at it off and on all summer but haven't quite been pushed to buy one yet.

I am not sorry I got it. It is only a tool for one narrow piece of your practice, and is probably most valuable for really data-driven people. Think of it as a Fitbit for your gun.

I was torn between a true dryfire system like LASR, and the Mantis. I think I made the right choice based on the extra accessory costs with the LASR system and the extra flexibility of using the Mantis during live fire. I miss not having feedback on sight alignment and sight picture that a laser trainer would give.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks! I'm one of those data driven people so I find this kind of stuff entertaining.

The LASR system is neat, but the costs are higher and I've never been a fan of running boot camp (needed to make it work on a Mac).

Top Bottom