• Status
    Not open for further replies.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't understand how this guy thinks is a good idea to post a video shooting guns while consuming alcohol, not to mention the woman in the beginning of the video ask if the brass is going to hit the beer (really). That is just beginning of other issues, can someone tell this clown to take it down :xmad:

https://youtu.be/VIBEdfRM878

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At least they were using eye and ear protection... (Trying to look on the bright side.)

...and she has good trigger control. However, the "backstop" is questionable.

Alcohol facilitates to stupid decisions, the and results are proportional, and not guaranteed (unlike loss of fine motor skills and reaction times). What I see in this video is disciplined plinking, so... meh.

I'll reserve my umbrage for sober, trained, "experts" doing dangerous things.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    ...and she has good trigger control. However, the "backstop" is questionable.

Alcohol facilitates to stupid decisions, the and results are proportional, and not guaranteed (unlike loss of fine motor skills and reaction times). What I see in this video is disciplined plinking, so... meh.

I'll reserve my umbrage for sober, trained, "experts" doing dangerous things.

Yeah, I thought that, too. There's no way from the angle to tell how far the woods go or what could be back there. There could be other people or nothing for miles. Can't tell.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Middle aged Yuppies trying to be cool. They are shooting their rifle at a pistol distance. Need to step back and stretch that distance out some and get some better targets to shoot at too. In the following video where the man shoots he turns his head & looks at the camera and smiles while he is still shooting. Accident waiting to happen.

INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    Middle aged Yuppies trying to be cool. They are shooting their rifle at a pistol distance. Need to step back and stretch that distance out some and get some better targets to shoot at too. In the following video where the man shoots he turns his head & looks at the camera and smiles while he is still shooting. Accident waiting to happen.

I do the turn my head and shoot thing all the time while playing pool. Doing it while shooting a firearm is just asking for something bad to happen.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I don't understand how this guy thinks is a good idea to post a video shooting guns while consuming alcohol, not to mention the woman in the beginning of the video ask if the brass is going to hit the beer (really). That is just beginning of other issues, can someone tell this clown to take it down :xmad:

Maybe because people post the link and it drives up the views and they think hey look at all the views, it must be good.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie

:dunno: What's wrong with having a beer while plinking on your private range? I see no signs of them being intoxicated other than the 2 beers in the huggies for the 2 people there. There is no slurring of words, no balance issues, and she handled it quite well for being as drunk as you think she is. I'd say they know their limits much better than you know their limits and are drinking and shooting responsibly, other than the backstop being a wooded area which we aren't sure what it leads to...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No subscribers. 206 views. It'll likely be many more by the time this thread is burried. It's not like they're mass social media ambassadors for drunken shooting parties. They probably posted it for family or friends. I'm sure they're wondering how they got this many views.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Idiots and Youtube? They've been around for a long time. Take this one for instance....

[video=youtube_share;CttTqgcbiyc]http://youtu.be/CttTqgcbiyc[/video]

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    That's just bad shooting form. Stance is off, weight centered over back leg and her back is arched in such a way as her torso "top heavy" to the rear. A more forward, aggressive stance would likely cure that.

They did not endanger me or my family and I am not responsible for their safety. Just looks like bad form to me, and not something "I'd" show the world on youtube.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I've seen a lot more idiots on Youtube doing much more idiotic things. This doesn't really peg that meter.

I'm in ck's boat. Hell, I'll even admit I sometimes have a beer or two while out and then drive home. If you're concerned with any amount of alcohol, then that seems much more "dangerous" to myself and others than shooting on a private range with a beer (or two).

:dunno: What's wrong with having a beer while plinking on your private range? I see no signs of them being intoxicated other than the 2 beers in the huggies for the 2 people there. There is no slurring of words, no balance issues, and she handled it quite well for being as drunk as you think she is. I'd say they know their limits much better than you know their limits and are drinking and shooting responsibly, other than the backstop being a wooded area which we aren't sure what it leads to...

Last edited:

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I like to take a cooler with beer with me when I go shooting, maybe put a jar a shine in there too. I feel it makes for great conversation AFTER shooting

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom