LEOs with guns drawn on I-74! (Saturday (9/16))

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Team Miguel was heading down to Cincinnati early this morning on I-74 East. Just past mile marker 150 I noticed some police vehicle lights ahead and shifted into the left lane.

As we approached, I noticed there were four cop cars, I believe all ISP, parked behind some sedan. And literally while we are going by, a couple of officers (including a female) drew their weapons and were in what I'll as an amateur describe as "low ready". Some dude was getting out of the passenger door, hands up high. I believe there were other occupants in the car, but it was all pretty surreal, so I am not sure.

Mrs. Miguel was like, "That police lady just took her gun out!" and I was like "HELL YEAH SHE DID!!!" As we passed them, I shifted back into the right lane, then thought, "****ola, if the sedan makes a break for it and they start throwing lead at them, I AM THE BACKSTOP!!! :):

Any of you guys know what that was all about? I assumed they pulled someone over who had a warrant and were just making sure nothing untoward happened. Never saw cops with guns drawn in person before, let alone SAW them when they drew.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Four cars behind the sedan, no officers at the sedan, guns drawn = stolen vehicle or suspects in a felony which had recently occurred most likely.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    They had their guns out? That seems pretty excessive, especially with so many of them there. The police in this country are out of control!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Several years ago while traveling U.S. 52 in Tippecanoe county, I saw 4 police cars pulled off the side of the road with lights on.
    As I approached I could see something on the shoulder of the road.
    As I passed I saw at least one officer with a shotgun. He had 3 people laying face down on the pavement. The officer with the shotgun had the barrel in contact with one of the suspects back.
    This happened about 6:30am. It was foggy, and about 40 degrees outside.

Later that day I learned what had transpired.
    Evidently the suspect vehicle was identified as the getaway vehicle involved in a prison escape.

Startling to see, but I'm glad police had it under control.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I live near there and work in Cincy. I'm guessing it was part of a recent string of busts for drug mules coming out of Illinois. They have been pretty common here lately. Lots of stops happen around the Harrison Ohio Dry Fork Road exit just a couple minutes over the Ohio / Indiana border. Hamilton County Ohio police have a joint task force with both the ISP and the Dearborn County Indiana police. They are trying to stop the drug flow into Cincinnati coming out of Chicago and I-74 is the major interstate used on that path. Hopefully they keep up the good work and keep catching the drug mules.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I live near there and work in Cincy. I'm guessing it was part of a recent string of busts for drug mules coming out of Illinois. They have been pretty common here lately. Lots of stops happen around the Harrison Ohio Dry Fork Road exit just a couple minutes over the Ohio / Indiana border. Hamilton County Ohio police have a joint task force with both the ISP and the Dearborn County Indiana police. They are trying to stop the drug flow into Cincinnati coming out of Chicago and I-74 is the major interstate used on that path. Hopefully they keep up the good work and keep catching the drug mules.
    Illinois needs to keep their criminals out of our Great State.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hopefully they are starting to crack down on people driving slow in the fast lane!

True story: was driving south on 65 today. Stuck behind a line of cars blocked by a semi that was driving 65 in an 70 trying to pass a semi doing 64.5 I swear. It was taking FOREVER.

We crested a hill and there was a trooper in the media waiting for a speeder. I literally yelled "WHY ARENT YOU PULLING OVER THIS JACKWAGON BLOCKING TRAFFIC IN THE LEFT LANE!?!?!?!?! F*** THE SPEEDERS!!!"

I dont think he heard me because he sat there.

Top Bottom