• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I talked my wife into trying my 9mm today. It's a 5.25 XDm. Besides a few 22 pistols, this is the first pistol she has shot. 1st off, she really likes it. 2nd.....She's good with it. I mean a 3 1/2" plate @ 15 yards on here second ever shot good.

This has potential to cost me a fortune.

Second ever shot. (Look close and you can see it spinning)

We still have some things to go over like trigger finger discipline but she is very careful where she points it already.

I'll be starting a GoFundMe page here shortly. Any help I get is greatly appreciated.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    that is the same pistol my wife claimed as hers too. She really likes it, I have to chuckle over the punsher mag bases on her now gun though :)

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Nice.
    I kind of burned my wife out when she tried a glock 27 -- hard to control, "flippy", and brass down her shirt.... I'm having trouble convincing her to come out again (ive since sold the G27)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Nice.
    I kind of burned my wife out when she tried a glock 27 -- hard to control, "flippy", and brass down her shirt.... I'm having trouble convincing her to come out again (ive since sold the G27)

Don't feel bad. One of the first "outings" I took her to before we were even dating in 1999, was the range. I talked her into trying my Super Redhawk in 44 Magnum. It's been almost 18 years trying to get her to trust me again.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Good move by you. I got my wife involved in shooting several years ago and she really likes it so when I buy a new gun - it's for "us" and she doesn't mind at all. Also, she shoots very well too. I think most women can shoot just as well as men if taught properly and if the husband / boyfriend / father etc. teaching her lets her feel comfortable with the correct gun size. Once they learn the basics most women have very steady hands and lower blood pressure rates etc. Plus the more ladies we can get into shooting the better it helps the 2nd Amendment cause when it comes to politics & voting. And it is reassuring to know that our wives / daughters can defend themselves if necessary.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Now is the time for a proper 1911 in 9mm for her!
    I had already thought about this. I know they are real soft shooters and figured it as an option if my full size was a little too much for her.
    You need to give her a real gun like a Glock. Their Perfection :):

Never. While we were at Midwest last week, I asked if they had any Gen 5's. Nope. So I wanted to see what this gen 3-4 finger groove hubbub was all about. The guy got one out and I tried it. The grooves were way off for me. I let the Mrs. try it. She said she didn't like the way it felt either. So when I was giving her instructions on the grip of my Springer today, she brought up the "other gun with the groovy things" and how she was glad my pistol didn't have them. :p

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Excellent. It's great to see women getting involved and being able to defend themselves. My mother and GF are both into guns. Very thankful.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We spent the afternoon at our LGS trying all kinds of pistols. Glocks, CZs, M&Ps, Walthers and a few more. She did like the purple framed EEA witness in 9mm. Trigger was surprisingly decent for a SA/DA. I was kinda worried how well she could rack the slide with the CZ type slide-in-frame design. She did it well.

She thought most were ok but had a real hard time racking the slide of the striker fired CZ.

Then I had her try a Range Officer in 9mm. She was in love. Slide was easy to work, trigger was great and she liked the thin grip.

Yep. I really need to start that Go-fund-me page.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    My wife loves to shoot and is very proficient. Of all the people I have exposed to shooting. women learn much quicker.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Well if you won't get her own CZ which should be a shadow! Get the SA range officer in 9 mm give it to her and you will never get it back. You have started this with your birthday gift to her. So yes the gofundme is what you need now. Glad you guys had a great time together, any many more years ahead together enjoy ever minute of it.

Top Bottom