• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have seen the following posted on Facebook.

What to do....
    Call your member of Congress today and tell them these three things:
    -Vote no on H.R. 3668, the SHARE Act that would gut long-standing regulations on silencers and loosen restrictions on armor piercing bullets. Hunters can wear earplugs.
    -Vote no on H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act that would force states to honor the concealed carry weapons permits of every other state, regardless of how lax the other state's law.
    -Ban all military style firearms: assault weapons and large capacity magazines, which have no place in the hands of private citizens. Actually, after Sunday in Vegas, this should be FIRST.
    Bogged down today? Want an even easier action? Text 'resist' to 50409 and resist bot will fax for you to your members of Congress.

I agree that we should contact them and give OUR opinion. Please make sure that you let them know that you do support HR 38, HR 3668 and you do not support a ban on "assault weapons or large capacity magazines". I guess I should say express what you believe, I just assumed most would agree on these things.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    thanks for posting this.
    It really is sad that it has to get politicized (on both sides) almost immediately. As they say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" so we should let our representatives know our opinions - be they for or against or otherwise.

... hopefully in favor of more freedom

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have seen much less pro gun posts from my gun toting friends. Today the anti gun posts and people making fun of gun owners have started popping up.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    After Sunday shooting I never got on Facebook because between all the political crap and now this I just got onto my Facebook page and deleted my account. This is never going to end so I am out of Facebook.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have seen much less pro gun posts from my gun toting friends. Today the anti gun posts and people making fun of gun owners have started popping up.

I think that is because the pro gun folks realize that this isn't the time to argue a position and it probably won't convince the anti gun folks. I would like to think they are more considerate and logical about the whole argument. What amazes me is how many anti gun folks pop out of the woodwork after these things and start acting like they are experts in guns and gun laws. Most of these folks don't know the difference between a full auto/semi auto/ bolt action.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Britain here we come...

20170710_uk.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have seen the following posted on Facebook.

What to do....
    Call your member of Congress today and tell them these three things:
    -Vote no on H.R. 3668, the SHARE Act that would gut long-standing regulations on silencers and loosen restrictions on armor piercing bullets. Hunters can wear earplugs.
    -Vote no on H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act that would force states to honor the concealed carry weapons permits of every other state, regardless of how lax the other state's law.
    -Ban all military style firearms: assault weapons and large capacity magazines, which have no place in the hands of private citizens. Actually, after Sunday in Vegas, this should be FIRST.
    Bogged down today? Want an even easier action? Text 'resist' to 50409 and resist bot will fax for you to your members of Congress.

I agree that we should contact them and give OUR opinion. Please make sure that you let them know that you do support HR 38, HR 3668 and you do not support a ban on "assault weapons or large capacity magazines". I guess I should say express what you believe, I just assumed most would agree on these things.

No!!

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sigh. I may have to post something on my SIL’s facebook.

She posted, Dear NRA, where was the good guy with the gun to save us from the bad guy with 23 guns?

23 guns? Pffft. I guess it’s a start.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sigh. I may have to post something on my SIL’s facebook.

She posted, Dear NRA, where was the good guy with the gun to save us from the bad guy with 23 guns?

23 guns? Pffft. I guess it’s a start.

Ask her how a short gun could have ever helped here.
    I have 1 handgun that will put rounds on steel off hand at 200+ yards. It is a 6" barrel custom 2011 in 10mm. Not an EDC by any measure.
    I seriously doubt even a full house 10mm round would make that distance with any accuracy.
    I am sure the specs are available but still. How would you even know where to look with bullets splatting down all around you.

This guy gave it some thought.

Top Bottom