Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I read it before I posted my first response.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

My take is that the NRA is staying hands off of gadgets and focusing on GUNS.

"subject to additional regulations" is what will happen regardless of anyone's stance on this.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

So, we are talking about a firearm accessory that the Federal government approved as being legal, initially. Then the Federal government reviewed and approved them a second and third time.
    Now the NRA is telling the BATF, "Hey, we question the soundness of your judgement. You had better look at these accessories, yet again"
    It's funny how quick some on here are to throw other gun owners under the bus for an item that they think is worthless, pointless or silly. Some of these people are the same ones that would run out of breath arguing why someone needs a high capacity magazine or military style, semi auto rifle.
    If nobody needs a bumpfire stock because they are just a "fun toy" or "bubba attachment" then no-one NEEDS a true, pre 86 machine gun, right?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    All skill is in vain when an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket.

User Info Menu

Yeah, this is more about what the NRA could have said. They didn't have to encourage greater scrutiny; they chose to encourage greater scrutiny.

Would that have happened anyway? Sure. So why join this particular bandwagon.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScouT6a View Post
    It's funny how quick some on here are to throw other gun owners under the bus for an item that they think is worthless, pointless or silly. Some of these people are the same ones that would run out of breath arguing why someone needs a high capacity magazine or military style, semi auto rifle.
    If nobody needs a bumpfire stock because they are just a "fun toy" or "bubba attachment" then no-one NEEDS a true, pre 86 machine gun, right?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Not one more inch!!!
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

I read republicans are working on a bill to ban them. Any word on binary triggers?

User Info Menu

If you have to pick your fights..............I believe the NRA is not standing behind a device which "appears" to turn semi-automatic weapons into full-auto. They want them to review them for compliance with the law.
    I also believe NRA will continue to hold-the-line on semi-autos & magazines. Again, pick your fight vs not one inch.
    I am a proud member of the NRA and back them 100% and that's my "not one inch"

User Info Menu

Saw a crappy animation of an standard AR (normal stock) as being representative of a bump fire weapon....... oh, it also had a grenade launcher attachment.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

The NRA is head and shoulders ahead of any other pro 2A organization in one very important way. They are politically savvy and know how to play the game to the advantage of their membership. You may not like every word they say but that's the nature of the game. If you thought bump stocks were not going to be revisited after Las Vegas, your head is deeply buried somewhere.

All the anti 2A groups are scared to death of the NRA. That should tell you something.

As for the GOA, I joined a couple of years ago. The first mailing I got from them bad-mouthed the NRA and had nothing else to say. I told them I was sorry to see they were more interested in being a competitor than an ally and I wouldn't be renewing my membership. Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by DRob; 10-05-2017 at 16:29.
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

Do you think a ban of Jerry Miculek's trigger finger is next?

Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast