Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    You cannot and will not ban a technique. Not one more inch.

Technique? So you're saying you can achieve the same rate of fire from a standard stock on a rifle platform?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by historian View Post
    Trading a worthless, but fun, toy in exchange for reciprocity is something I can get behind.

It wasn't too long ago that AR15s were thought to be scary looking rifles that didn't belong on the streets of America. Now, they are considered to be modern sporting rifles and are becoming popular with people of all walks of life. While I don't see the need to own a Slide Fire stock right now, who knows how I will feel in 10-15 years. This morning on Fox News, a liberal and conservative were discussing bump stocks. The liberal said that we need to ban ownership of bump stocks and then move quickly to pass other "reasonable" gun control laws.

Expert

User Info Menu

Say they decide it is full auto. What happens to people who bought them legally? Forced trade in or something. Registration?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ajeandy View Post
    Technique? So you're saying you can achieve the same rate of fire from a standard stock on a rifle platform?
    I can't but I also haven't tried too. So when the next lunatic stands in front of a crowd and does it, then what then?! I don't own a bump stock and I will never own a bump stock but not one more inch!
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

I can't but I also haven't tried too. So when the next lunatic stands in front of a crowd and does it, then what then?! I don't own a bump stock and I will never own a bump stock but not one more inch!
    Gotta say Im with Jay!
    Not one more Inch!

User Info Menu

clearly you don't know what the "bump stock" was designed to do, yet, regardless, you refuse to consider any action because, "Not one more inch."

Right...and my reasoning is apples. Seems about right....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    Gotta say Im with Jay!
    Not one more Inch!
    I bet if it were the other way around, say an officer having to confront someone with a bump fire, or you, an innocent bystander, you'd be wishing they didn't have it and at worst have a semi-auto rifle.

You surely wouldn't be thinking "Not one more inch!"

pretty easy to say from the comfort of your keyboard.

User Info Menu

clearly you don't know what the "bump stock" was designed to do, yet, regardless, you refuse to consider any action because, "Not one more inch."

Right...and my reasoning is apples. Seems about right....

IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

I bet if it were the other way around, say an officer having to confront someone with a bump fire, or you, an innocent bystander, you'd be wishing they didn't have it and at worst have a semi-auto rifle.

You surely wouldn't be thinking "Not one more inch!"

pretty easy to say from the comfort of your keyboard.
    Oh, you want to go to the emotional route?! So if that's the case let's just go ahead and ban high cap magazines along with magazine fed rifle's. That would have saved more lives. Again, not one more inch!!!

Plinker

User Info Menu

First bump stocks then belt loops. Slippery slope, not one inch

Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast