Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

I think they are a useless gimmick BUT if you start with banning them what is next? Repeat after me "IT IS NOT THE TOOL, IT IS THE ONE USING IT."

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I’ve been thinking that the next time the subject comes up, and my SIL or BIL pull the “that’s different” I’m going to tell them that the thing they say is different about it doesn’t doesn’t follow. It’s nonsense. It’s an excuse so that they don’t have to face the fact that their strong feelings about the one and not the other is inconsistent with the reasons they claim they’re against guns.

But I’d stop there. I wouldn’t claim that the real difference is that if we implement the same car control that they want for guns, it’d affect them. That’s true, but it’s not true enough. Banning cars would have a much bigger impact on more individuals in society. More than 85% of families have at least one car, which they depend on for their livelihoods.
    We have become so dependent on vehicles. I have always been in need of one for my trade. I had to travel A-B every day. Sometimes A-B-C-D-E and then some.
    As I have mentioned before blaming the tool (gun) and not the tool using it (psycho) is the easy road and the prime ingredient in the MSM/political so so many have drank copious amounts of. It requires merely speaking out. To effect the real changes we as a society need would be far to hard for these people to take on.
    1st it would be admitting they have been wrong...Not gonna happen
    2nd it would require putting down the phone and actually parenting their children. Not being their friend but a real tough love parent.....Again, not gonna happen.
    3rd, being offended is a way of life for far to many. I still believe we as good people still outnumber them but our thoughts/opinions/points of view do not sell air time or generate click bait.....so again, change is not gonna happen.

I truly believe we have passed the tipping point.The road ahead is well paved with this safe space snowflake false narrative bravo sierra. We are fast fading away.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

If my last post sounds like I am giving up I am just weary. I address this at every turn but my facts/figures/common sense falls on deaf ears. The wall has been erected and I can not penetrate it. The anger and resistance is at epic levels with these people.

I need a safe space.....and a woobie.
    Last edited by churchmouse; 02-21-2018 at 08:28.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    If my last post sounds like I am giving up I am just weary. I address this at every turn but my facts/figures/common sense falls on deaf ears. The wall has been erected and I can not penetrate it. The anger and resistance is at epic levels with these people.

I need a safe spade.....and a woobie.
    It's not impossible for ideologically gripped people to start thinking in terms of what's true, what's real, and what's just perceived from the perspective of dogma. I hold out hope for my wife's sister's family. They're both smart, successful people, but they live in suburban Denver. I look at their Facebook and they're all existing in the same ideological bubble. They need to have their beliefs truly challenged. A constant image of the world as it is rather than the world they think it is. That's really what we all need to stay sane. Listen to the other. Think it through. Compare it to the most honest reality you can perceive.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Even in our own ****ing community. It sickens me.

People will sit there and agree and say passing more gun laws isn't the answer to reduce shootings which I 100% agree, and then in the next breath they wanna pass laws raising the age limit to keep other Americans from buying guns. Hypocrite much?
    You do realize you're talking about your president, right?
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

So far, the three things being floated are

1. Enhancing background checks
    2. Banning bump stocks (will need congressional action)
    3. Raising age to buy a specific kind of scary looking rifle.

I don't see how anyone can spin this as not losing more of the 2A cake.
    You see me empty, sir, do not pause and inquire. Simply assume and refill.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    I'm not convinced this will require Congress to act. I think BATFE can "reassess" its prior rulemaking (like they did with the braces).
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    So far, the three things being floated are

1. Enhancing background checks
    3. Raising age to buy a specific kind of scary looking rifle.

I don't see how anyone can spin this as not losing more of the 2A cake.
    3 more chinks in the armor.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    I'm not convinced this will require Congress to act. I think BATFE can "reassess" its prior rulemaking (like they did with the braces).
    Haven't they already said a couple of times that it does?
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    3 more chinks in the armor.
    You are no longer allowed to show your face on ESPN!
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast