Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
    I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by worddoer View Post
    You are no longer allowed to show your face on ESPN!
    Thank you......thank you so very much.....
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    Haven't they already said a couple of times that it does?
    Maybe.

But they've also asked for comment regarding additional rulemaking.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2017/12/atf...#axzz57kbAi7i5
    https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...imilar-devices

This ANPRM is the initial step in a regulatory process to interpret the definition of machinegun to clarify whether certain bump stock devices fall within that definition. If, in a subsequent rulemaking, the definition of machinegun under section 5845(b) is interpreted to include certain bump stock devices, ATF would then have a basis to re-examine its prior classification and rulings. See Encino Motorcars v. Navarro, 136 S. Ct. 2117, 2125 (2016); FCC v. Fox Television Stations, 556 U.S. 502, 515 (2009).
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    We should not raise the age for anything to 21. We should lower everything to 18. Old enough to die for your coiintry then you are old enough to vote for or out of office who put you there. Also old enough to to drink and to buy your own damn gun since they have no problem issuing you one at 17 and 18 and teaching you to kill people.
    Seriously **** these politicians and anyone else who wants to regulate or pass laws to silence others.
    Go live your damn lives and leave everyone else the hell alone.
    If anything gets raised to 21, everything should get raised to 21... 18 or 21, but not half-***
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Objective standards are meaningless if people are not held to them.
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 NIV

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Every day the news cycle on this stuff calms down more. The gullible darlings that the news media is in love with are being exposed as the liberal schills they are being used for.

Good money says none of these "floated" things will happen.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNRPowdeR View Post
    If anything gets raised to 21, everything should get raised to 21... 18 or 21, but not half-***
    As long as everything includes the Ruger Mini 14 and everything like it.

We can't allow "scary black rifles" to get classified as something different or unique, or we lose a lot more than a small slice of 2A-cake on this one.
    Let that be my contrarian reply...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    So far, the three things being floated are

1. Enhancing background checks
    2. Banning bump stocks (will need congressional action)
    3. Raising age to buy a specific kind of scary looking rifle.

I don't see how anyone can spin this as not losing more of the 2A cake.
    1. I'd be okay with that if it made background sufficiently selective, which I'm not sure is possible.
    2. Banning bump stocks is just giving up something meaningless to placate the insane.
    3. Raising the age is philosophically the same as background checks are now. it assumes that denying rights to a large class of people is justifiable in the belief that doing so will reduce a relatively small number of offenses. Millions of people between 18 and 21 manage to own firearms without killing anyone. It's a knee-jerk reaction.

All three are examples of what people come up with when society foolishly demands, don't just stand there, do something, anything.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if youíre full of ****?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    As long as everything includes the Ruger Mini 14 and everything like it.
    But Youtube told me that the Mini 14 can't be put in the same class as the AR?
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    1. I'd be okay with that if it made background sufficiently selective, which I'm not sure is possible.
    2. Banning bump stocks is just giving up something meaningless to placate the insane.
    3. Raising the age is philosophically the same as background checks are now. it assumes that denying rights to a large class of people is justifiable in the belief that doing so will reduce a relatively small number of offenses. Millions of people between 18 and 21 manage to own firearms without killing anyone. It's a knee-jerk reaction.

All three are examples of what people come up with when society foolishly demands, don't just stand there, do something, anything.
    As to #2......Placation aint gonna happen. As a child will test the edges/boundary's as they mature one has to fully mature 1st to actually know where the boundary's are. If you get my point.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    As to #2......Placation aint gonna happen. As a child will test the edges/boundary's as they mature one has to fully mature 1st to actually know where the boundary's are. If you get my point.
    Sure. I think the people who think we can appease the other side by giving them something we donít actually care about all that much, donít understand what youíre saying. Parents who appease their children incrementally, with things that donít matter per se, ratchet their appeasement to things that eventually do matter.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if youíre full of ****?

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Sure. I think the people who think we can appease the other side by giving them something we donít actually care about all that much, donít understand what youíre saying. Parents who appease their children incrementally, with things that donít matter per se, ratchet their appeasement to things that eventually do matter.
    Bingo. And those little darling take this along with their attendance trophy's and awards out into the real world.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast