Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

NRA Supports Bump Stock Regulation

So it just came out that the NRA is supporting higher regulation of bump stocks. It may be time to write the NRA and our local representatives.

Edit: It appears they are calling for the ATF to re-review the ATFs stance on the legality of bump stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian01 View Post
    Here is the NRA's actual joint statement of Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement/

NRA Joint Statement:

(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."
    Last edited by Papa; 10-05-2017 at 17:36.

User Info Menu

Damn... I wish I could dump my membership again.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)
    Mooresville #78 F. & A. M.

User Info Menu

Makes me happy that I've never supported them.

User Info Menu

Here is the NRA's actual joint statement of Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement/

They're basically seeing that regulations are coming for bump stocks so are kindof getting on board with "something" without being specific, while at the same time pushing national reciprocity.

I'll need time to think about trading bump stocks for national reciprocity. My kneejerk reaction is mixed.

Regards,

Doug
    Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late.
    And how can a man die better, Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?" - T.B. Macaulay

"Idiocracy wasn't a movie. It was prophecy." - CathyInBlue

"Agent Mulder, every life, every day, is in danger. That's just life." - W. Skinner, X-Files S2E8

User Info Menu

Translation?

Let's make a statement that will make both sides happy.

<---- not impressed.

User Info Menu

Important points:
    Obama BATF reviewed & approved bump fire stocks twice,
    NRA is calling on BATF to review bump stocks for compliance,
    Congress to pass National reciprocity so individuals can protect themselves.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Another 1986...

User Info Menu

They're basically seeing that regulations are coming for bump stocks so are kindof getting on board with "something" without being specific, while at the same time pushing national reciprocity.

I'll need time to think about trading bump stocks for national reciprocity. My kneejerk reaction is mixed.
    Trading a worthless, but fun, toy in exchange for reciprocity is something I can get behind.
    Everyone should own an Uzi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jacke View Post
    Another 1986...
    Oh...Hey...Welcome Back!
    Everyone should own an Uzi

User Info Menu

Huh.

Feels kinda like 1993.

Lying philanderer in the White House and all.

(The NRA withdrew support late in the game after "working" on a compromise.)
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast