I am not a Coward, newest Anti argument?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Lately I have noticed the above in quite a few articles and such, along with I am not afraid. Is this the latest pitch from anti 2nd people. It seems like they are trying the angle that if you take responsibility for your safety, you must be some sort of person that is unbalanced.

I get that statically the likelihood of ever needing a gun are low, however what if you have ever lost a family member to a violent thug seems to me that the perceived likelihood of ever needing a defensive tool would be skewed.

To me people carry for lots of good reasons, why is it that those who do not can't keep their mouth shut and exercise their right not to Carry while refraining for exposing how superior their choice is.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is nothing new. The goal for the antis is to say and do anything to attach a stigma to gun ownership.

We're accused of being "gun nuts" and "crazies" that need yearly mental heath checks. We're called "ammosexuals" in some type of disgusting attempt to conflafe gun ownership with sexual complulsion or perversion.

Now we're all labeled as cowards too afraid of our own shadows to be trusted with guns. If they label us as "scared" or "cowards" they can make the case we're trigger happy morons that will shoot at anything that moves.

My response to being called scared is this:

I'm not afraid of what's in front of me, I carry because I love the people behind me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Reminds me of this joke...

"A Connecticut State Police Trooper pulled over an old 1955 Cadillac for a faulty taillight. When the officer approached the car, he noticed a little old lady behind the wheel.

The police officer asked the old lady for her license, registration, and insurance cards; however, when she opened up her pockbook to retrieve those cards, to his surprise he noticed a concealed weapon carry permit.
    The trooper took all the documents, looked them over and said. "Mrs. Smith, I see you have a concealed weapon permit. Do you have a gun with you?"
    Very sweetly and proudly the little old lady replied, " oh, yes officer, I have a Smith & Wesson 38 caliber pistol right here in my bag. Do you wish to see it?" And before he could reply, the old lady opened her handbag under his nose and sure enough, he immediately recognized the distinctive snub barrel of a Smith & Wesson 38.

Kind of taken aback, as a matter of formality he cautiously asked her, "do you have any other guns with you?"
    To which the old lady boasted, " I also have a 357 magnum in my glove compartment", opening its cover and revealing its huge barrel.

The officer, flabbergasted, found himself then asking before any further thought on his part, but not really expecting anything more: "anything else?"
    To which she replied, "why, yes, I also have a 44 magnum in my console, and a Mossberg 500 12 gauge shootgun in the trunk."
    As you can imagine, at this point the police officer was at a total loss as to why an old lady would have in her possession such an arsenal of weapons, so thinking she was a bit crazy, he bent over, looked her in the eyes, and asked, "Lady, may I ask you what you are afraid of?"
    To which the old lady locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered, "Not a damn thing!""

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    , why is it that those who do not can't keep their mouth shut and exercise their right not to Carry while refraining for exposing how superior their choice is.

Because they are truly cowards and must make themselves feel better by belittling those who are not. They need to be told they are the ones too chicken to make a difference. Come and take them you lily livered wussies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've seen a lot of British detective/crime/lawyer shows over the last year. It is a wonder to behold how the average citizen responds to violence against themselves or their loved ones. They stand there shocked!

An average American would look for the nearest weapon and attempt to beat the bejaysus out of any attacker and, absent a weapon, would go in with teeth, fists and feet.

It is a different culture. Attempting to say we are like Australians or Brits is like saying we are like lilypads. There is absolutely no similarity except a use of a similar germanic-based language system.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Because they are truly cowards and must make themselves feel better by belittling those who are not. They need to be told they are the ones too chicken to make a difference. Come and take them you lily livered wussies.

"They", are too lily livered to do that .....

"They", will have someone else do it .....

IE; LEO, or Military .....

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As the joke above said....

I once had someone ask "what I was afraid of", to which I responded "Nothing. I'm the one with the guns."

One of the things most people, anti- or not, don't seem to understand: The more prepared you are, the less you have to be afraid of.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    **** them!!! I take my family's and my safety serious, I'm NOT afraid of anything another can do to ME. I AM afraid of the lowlife cowards who would bring harm to my baby girl. I will do untold legal and illegal to those who choose to bring harm to my princess!

PaulWest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2017
    West
    One thing we all oughtta do is get some training reps under the stress of fear. It can have a huge impact on ones game.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They are the same folks who cry out the government is not doing anything the second the rain stops after a hurricane. No thought to personal responsibility and care.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Lately I have noticed the above in quite a few articles and such, along with I am not afraid. Is this the latest pitch from anti 2nd people. It seems like they are trying the angle that if you take responsibility for your safety, you must be some sort of person that is unbalanced.

I get that statically the likelihood of ever needing a gun are low, however what if you have ever lost a family member to a violent thug seems to me that the perceived likelihood of ever needing a defensive tool would be skewed.

To me people carry for lots of good reasons, why is it that those who do not can't keep their mouth shut and exercise their right not to Carry while refraining for exposing how superior their choice is.

It's not the odds I worry about. It's the stakes. Couldn't be higher, IMO.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a colleague who sometimes asks these types of questions, (Why do folks feel the need to own a gun, what are they afraid of, etc). I ask do you have a fire extinguisher at your house, do you have car insurance, do you wear a seat belt, etc. and do you know how to use them? I also explain to them that I try to keep myself out of situations, circumstances whenever possible to need my choice of protection tool, just as I don't try and do things that necessitate the need for my seat belt, or fire extinguisher, etc.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    "They", are too lily livered to do that .....

"They", will have someone else do it .....

IE; LEO, or Military .....
    Or if they get in a big enough scrape they'll want the US to come to the rescue. Because they haven't met their NATO spending thresholds for years, and they hope that the US forgets the mocking about them being the world police

Top Bottom