• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    A Texas Tech student was taken to the campus PD station after evidence of drugs and drug paraphernalia were found during a dorm room welfare check. He is accused of having pulled out a handgun after arriving there and shooting the campus PD officer in the head, killing him, and then fleeing. Campus was locked down until he was found and taken back into custody.

Texas Tech student accused of killing officer is caught, police say | Fox News

This could have been a drug charge, possibly handled by the University depending on severity. It's now a murder charge with aggravated circumstances, potentially a capital murder charge. They already knew who he was. Where and how was he going to flee? I'm also wondering how he managed to have a concealed handgun when detained and taken to the campus PD station. Not all press reports are 100% accurate and there's a remote possibility he grabbed one from an officer. That will undoubtedly be reviewed in great detail.

As this was in Texas, he's very likely a future Death Row resident.
    What a maroon.

John

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    He gets to a Texas correctional unit, he will be glad he is segregated on the row instead of in GP.
    Search incidental to arrest must have been messed up.
    Sorry for the officers family.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I hate to say it, but it seems obvious...

...that's some stellar police work, right there. Someone done screwed up.

png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAEAAAABCAQAAAC1HAwCAAAAC0lEQVR42mM8Uw8AAh0BTZud3BwAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
    png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAEAAAABCAQAAAC1HAwCAAAAC0lEQVR42mM8Uw8AAh0BTZud3BwAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
    To be clear, the shooting was after the guy was in custody and taken from his room to and brought to the campus police headquarters.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...mpus-police-officer-reportedly-killed-n809281

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From what FOXNews is reporting right now is used his own gun to shot the officer.

Like I said, either way.

That whole "I'm going to search you for my own safety and yours?" It's real.

I feel awful for the officer's family.

As a nit picker of the highest magnitude, I will note that "the officer's pistol was in his holster" is not the same as "the suspect brought his own gun with him". Probably, but not necessarily.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Like I said, either way.

That whole "I'm going to search you for my own safety and yours?" It's real.

I feel awful for the officer's family.

As a nit picker of the highest magnitude, I will note that "the officer's pistol was in his holster" is not the same as "the suspect brought his own gun with him". Probably, but not necessarily.

So, just so I'm getting this straight, a kid is suspected for possessing drugs and paraphernalia (and has priors), is detained and taken to the PD, where he uses a gun he is apparently carrying, and kills an officer. It's stuff like this, that make black people think that's there a difference in their treatment by law enforcement.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So, just so I'm getting this straight, a kid is suspected for possessing drugs and paraphernalia (and has priors), is detained and taken to the PD, where he uses a gun he is apparently carrying, and kills an officer. It's stuff like this, that make black people think that's there a difference in their treatment by law enforcement.

If he was black, when would they have shot him? In his dorm room? In the back while handcuffed? Please, enlighten us.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If he was black, when would they have shot him? In his dorm room? In the back while handcuffed? Please, enlighten us.

I see no reason to address the above nonsense with a thoughtful answer. You just have to let my statement rest on it's own merits.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I see no reason to address the above nonsense with a thoughtful answer. You just have to let my statement rest on it's own merits.

Please, if I misinterpreted your statement, correct me. i took it to mean that because he's still alive, he was treated differently than a black suspect would have been. Did I miss your meaning?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Apparently this waste of human skin was 19yo. I'm sure this will be used as a way to attack campus carry, but he was already breaking the law carrying a firearm- must be 21 for a carry license in Texas. I don't have specific info, but I'm betting a Bernie bro.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Please, if I misinterpreted your statement, correct me. i took it to mean that because he's still alive, he was treated differently than a black suspect would have been. Did I miss your meaning?
    I took it to mean the cops would have frisked the black guy before bringing him in. Why ethey wouldn’t have checked this guy for weapons doesn’t make any sense at all. I doubt they just assumed, because he’s white, he couldn’t possibly be concealing a firearm.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Apparently this waste of human skin was 19yo. I'm sure this will be used as a way to attack campus carry, but he was already breaking the law carrying a firearm- must be 21 for a carry license in Texas. I don't have specific info, but I'm betting a Bernie bro.
    Well, not to mention his priors. Bit the failure here is not checking him sufficiently for weapons before taking him in. I mean. Isn’t that SOP?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Or what is more likely the officer that searched or was supposed to search him just ****ed up. We are all human, human's screw up all the time.

I'll just leave this here.

[video=youtube_share;vHHFFTfsrzc]http://youtu.be/vHHFFTfsrzc[/video]

Again people make mistakes. Unfortunately this officer paid with his life :(

Top Bottom