• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I can understand the bank's reaction. Here they were, finally getting the chance to play the role of a passive sheep and showing how well they can be compliant when in comes this police officer displaying the attribute of bravery, a concept they were taught was pure myth. Poor sheep.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As if a business can enforce their EMPLOYMENT policies on patrons in the first place. The bank may have a compliance policy, but *I* sure as Hell don't. I also can't imagine that this is part of the account holder agreement.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wow... and then it appears their spokesperson lied about it when they denied that they asked him to no longer be a customer.

I wonder how long it will take to get a response at that branch when they have another issue.

Perhaps Key Bank might want to train their spokespersons not to lie when a prosecutor makes an accusation - they tend to be able to produce evidence to expose the truth...like the name of the head of Key Bank security who banned the officer

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    So we're past "only cops should have guns" and "wait for the police to arrive" to full on "forget the cops, just give the perps what they want, that's why we have insurance". If I banked there I'd be shopping for another bank with a nice letter to the manager, regional mgr, and owner explaining why.

I do somewhat understand the whole idea of it being cheaper to pay them a few grand than many thousands of medical bills to try to prevent it but to go out of their way to belittle an officer voluntarily helping...WTF?

They'll get lots of repeat customers at least...just not the kind making deposits.

So at that point, why have tellers, locks, and a vault? Lets just have open shelves and the honor system.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Not surprising to me they would have a "don't fight back" policy for their employees. It's absurd to impose that on an off-duty officer customer who (depending on department policy) could be in trouble with his department for observing a violent felony in progress and doing nothing. Not surprising they're seriously backpedaling with the adverse publicity on local TV news, but it does little to repair the damage by lying about it in the process. Retrieve shovel. Dig the hole one foot deeper. Now climb out . . . without a ladder.

John

Top Bottom