• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd never had a field testing kit give me a false positive.... but you gotta follow the damn instructions for them to be reliable.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I never used to believe in suing people, but the older I get the more I believe in it.
    It seems to me the only way people learn lessons is when you get in their pocket book.
    Similar to the lesson the NFL is now learning.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So never having seen meth, is it reasonable to believe doughnut icing looks like meth?

Not to me. Meth looks more like salt than icing. I guess if you had a big chunk of icing, maybe.... but you can always do the legwork and fact-check to see if the guy actually bought donuts.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From a use-of-language perspective, for him to be $37.5K "richer", he would already have to be rich. Did the reporter verify this?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The cop ought to be fired for cause! ANY cop that cannot tell the difference between ANYTHING having to do with donuts and other work related products is never gonna make it in the LE world. Sheesh...:ugh:

Doug

PS - Sorry LEO's, but that door was just WAY too wide.;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can't the cop see the residue and use that as reasonable suspicion and a reason to search without permission or a warrant?

Kinda, but that's REALLY pushing it. You better have some other stuff to go on, than a few flakes of donut icing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can't the cop see the residue and use that as reasonable suspicion and a reason to search without permission or a warrant?

The more legal things the residue could​ be, the less reasonable the suspicion becomes. I think this case shows why.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Reminds me of a commercial I saw for a recent episode of "Live PD" (on A&E I think). Suspect was accused of having cocaine residue on his face (presumably near his nose) and he tried to tell the cops he'd been eating donuts. One of the cops said something to the effect of "Never try to outsmart a cop when it comes to donuts." :):

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Why would be consent to the search? That jump doesnt follow right.

A person has a license to have a gun, person has a gun, person must be a criminal, Search the car!

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Why would be consent to the search? That jump doesnt follow right.

A person has a license to have a gun, person has a gun, person must be a criminal, Search the car!

many law abiding citizens say, "sure, go ahead and search the car, I'm a good guy." Then it bites them in the arse because of incidents such as this.

Because I buy and drive used cars I will never consent to a search. I have no idea what is tucked in nooks and crannies that I have not searched out, and what residue is left behind by the previous owners.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    many law abiding citizens say, "sure, go ahead and search the car, I'm a good guy." Then it bites them in the arse because of incidents such as this.

Because I buy and drive used cars I will never consent to a search. I have no idea what is tucked in nooks and crannies that I have not searched out, and what residue is left behind by the previous owners.

And that's smart. I once took possession of loaded gun that had been left under the seat of a rental car. The renter discovered it as she was turning in the car. If she had of be stopped, and allowed a search, she would've been going to jail.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    The truck I have now, I got used. My wife, son & I vacuumed it out at a car wash. Later I still found a pill in a seat track. So no, you may not search my truck.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Ive wondered about this kind of thing. With out getting into much detail I had had a disagreement with an individual to then went to all our mutual friends and he informed them that I was selling coke/crack (despite my having never even been in the same room as those things). He was attempting to ruin my reputation. He even tried to sugar my gas tank. I was concerned he may acquire some coke and plant it in my vehicle and then tip off the police. I had considered contacting the authorities (via a non emergency line of course) and explain the situation and ask if they would be willing to run their dogs around my vehicle to ensure it was clean in case of a traffic stop. But i figured regardless of my explanation i would still be hauled off to jail if they did find something. So, I was just careful to clean my vehicle well and keep in clean so I would notice any changes.

Is this a thing LEO's would do? Or would it be volunteering to go to jail?

To clearify, this was years and years ago. The person mentioned above has fallen off the planet as best as I can tell. I havent heard from him in forever.

Top Bottom