• ...and so much more!
  • Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    Hello all -

I am once again conducting a research paper/project for my graduate studies. This time I am working with a group to promote campus carry as a viable component of public safety. my portion of of the project is stats. I am trying to gather viable and verifiable stats from reputable sources. I am looking specifically for numbers of legal carry permits/licenses, fire arms purchased, illegal fire arms carry, etc. I can get injury (intentional and unintentional from the cdc website.

I also plan on obtaining information regarding crime stats for the IUPUI campus and surrounding community. Also response rates/times for calls for service to dispatch both emergency and non emergency.

If anyone has any information regarding good stat information it would be greatly appreciated. Or where I am able to obtain such information.

Other group members are researching carry/firearm laws, going to provide some basic firearms information/education, and someone else is proving some of the anti-campus carry arguments (so that they can be refuted).

Thank you.
    Terry

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Terry,
    There are a few very good LEO's on the board here. Behind Blue Eyes, VUPDblue, Denny 347, Frank_N_Stein and others that might be able to steer you in the directions you need to go.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I suggest that you also dig into the "real" data from states that already allow campus carry. Having verifiable stats on the realities of campus carry from colleges that already allow it, will give you a high degree of protection against the expected "what ifs" and "imagined scenarios" by which your paper will be measured and likely graded.

Top Bottom