• ...and so much more!
  • Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Male shot, killed inside Kroger grocery | WISH-TV

[FONT=&amp]INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A male has died after a shooting inside a grocery store on the south side Friday night.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Police were dispatched to the Kroger store shortly after 8:30 p.m. at 4202 S. East St. It’s in Southern Plaza, a shopping area.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Genae Cook, a spokeswoman for Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, said medics were unable to revive the male who was shot.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Cook said two males in the store had an altercation. One male shot the other and then ran from the business and carjacked a customer’s vehicle. Police chased the carjacked vehicle, eventually stopping it at Stop 11 Road and U.S. 31, where the suspect left the vehicle. He was caught after a short foot chase.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Cook said it is early in the investigation and authorities did not know what caused the altercation or the number of shots fired. Cook also could not confirm reports that a knife may have also been involved in the altercation.[/FONT]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ...and the old adage is proven true once again. "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw the story on Fox 59. The shooting happened in the dairy section. Could be a "whole milk v 2%" or "Velveeta v American slices" dispute.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    How many does this make for Indy?
    How close is Indy to Chicago (per capita) to the homicide rate?
    There is undoubtedly someone on the inside of IMPD who can give the stats. I looked for one online but didn't find a running tally of criminal homicides, likely because it's not good publicity for the city. As of 21 September, it hit the 100 mark. Last year there were 149 shown on one web site. The per capita it showed for last year was 17.1 per 100k population. Nowhere near Chiraq last year: 27.22 per 100k population. What is most telling though is the criminal homicide rate for blacks in Indy is about twice that for the population as a whole (~34/100k vs 17/100k). That's quite telling regarding the demographics of the violent crime victims.

John

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is the Kroger I usually shop at. I was just there a couple of hours before this took place. That area has been getting seedier and seedier lately it seems. Just last week there were about 8 cop cars and an ambulance between the Ricker's, Steak-n-Shake and the Laundry Tanning place at Hanna and Madison. I think a lot of the trouble comes from the Capital Place apartments next door.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's an update:
    On Saturday, detectives arrested 37-year-old Jason Cooper for his alleged involvedment in the incident. He was charged with murder.
    When they arrived, officers learned that two males in the store got into an altercation. One male allegedly shot the other one in the dairy section then fled the store.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
    IMPD said the suspect carjacked a customer in the parking lot then led police on a short chase that ended at stop 11 and US 31.

Police apprehended the suspect after he crashed into several parked cars and tried to flee on foot.

Police make arrest after man shot dead inside south side Kroger | FOX59

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There is undoubtedly someone on the inside of IMPD who can give the stats. I looked for one online but didn't find a running tally of criminal homicides, likely because it's not good publicity for the city. As of 21 September, it hit the 100 mark. Last year there were 149 shown on one web site. The per capita it showed for last year was 17.1 per 100k population. Nowhere near Chiraq last year: 27.22 per 100k population. What is most telling though is the criminal homicide rate for blacks in Indy is about twice that for the population as a whole (~34/100k vs 17/100k). That's quite telling regarding the demographics of the violent crime victims.

John

Every murder is released to the media. There are no secrets, just little interest.

And yes, I could give you the exact count, but I'm on vacation.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    The per capita rate stat doesn't really reflect a city's crime magnitude IMO. I mean compare us to Chiraq, demographic, not even close. I still consider the actual amount of deaths rather than rates as a litmus test.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is the Kroger I usually shop at. I was just there a couple of hours before this took place. That area has been getting seedier and seedier lately it seems. Just last week there were about 8 cop cars and an ambulance between the Ricker's, Steak-n-Shake and the Laundry Tanning place at Hanna and Madison. I think a lot of the trouble comes from the Capital Place apartments next door.
    Do you know what happened south of you about a week ago? I was getting off 465 to go south on 31. Took me 25 minutes to get off the exit and cops were just setting a roadblock at Thompson Rd., I had to turn west on Thompson to go down 135.
    there were about ten or so cop cars on 31 in front of McDonalds. The one cop that got around us was flying to get there. Abusing the hell out of his car trying to get around the traffic.

Top Bottom