• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    So today I decides to do some gun looking... Hit 2 gun shows, 1 gun auction and 3 gun shops.. and then I decided to stop in at Ricks...

Should have started there... Now the other places were nice and I made purchases but nothing compares Fall City Firearms..

As I walk in to show off the "crap" I purchased on the way.. What meets me in the middle of the shop but about the most beautiful Browning 50 cal I have ever seen... So I ask for the price.. and before Rick can even tell me a price, I have to set through about 5 mins of Oh man you should have been here yesterday I had this.. And then I was going to call you because I had a cool gun in the shop last week.. But it sold before I could call you... (Thanks Rick, make me lament not living in my car outside of your shop..)

So I keep asking OK how much for the Browning... right then someone else in the shop says hey how much is this thing.. Well with that I had to just yell back Sorry its sold.. So finally I get the price...and of course it was so reasonable that I felt like a thief taking the gun.

Now on the Plus side the gun is an Aircraft gun so it should have a higher cycle then a normal 50...

On the negative side the barrel rifling is a bit worn... most aircraft barrels had a shorter lifes..

But Once again a lesson, travel the state for cool guns and then its a wow factor x 10 at Fall City... Just wish I lived closer.

And if he does not have something you want, you will get a University level history discussion and show of his latest collection of funny internet videos...

Last edited:

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    "2 thumbs up for Fall City Firearms. Greatest gun shop this side of the Rockies"

What gun shop is on the other side of the Rockies that is so great?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    "2 thumbs up for Fall City Firearms. Greatest gun shop this side of the Rockies"

What gun shop is on the other side of the Rockies that is so great?

2Q==
    startrekspockfascinating1.jpg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    :gotpics:

Please post some pictures.

There is a slight problem there.. IF my bride sees this I am dead... And not a Hollywood wham-bam dead, we are talking European suffering the whole movie dead..

Its not like a pistol, you can shove that down your pants, and if she see it you at worst will get a "Hey sailor, you happy to see me" comment..

I will need to get some mash potatoes with gravy and some Turkey in her and slip her into a food coma before I can bring this in the house..

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    There is a slight problem there.. IF my bride sees this I am dead... And not a Hollywood wham-bam dead, we are talking European suffering the whole movie dead..

Its not like a pistol, you can shove that down your pants, and if she see it you at worst will get a "Hey sailor, you happy to see me" comment..

I will need to get some mash potatoes with gravy and some Turkey in her and slip her into a food coma before I can bring this in the house..

I understand, believe me I do. I've had to sneak some stuff past my wife before. But, never anything the size of a 50 cal. Good luck to you sir and be careful. :D

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN

Send $5000 in small bills in the next 24 hours, or I will tell your wife!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Man, I was jealous that you found a couple of nice 22's when I read that in the Seymour thread and then I come here and read this! Congratulations!

I worked for 4 hours, then cleaned out the gutters and cut the grass.

1175055.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really need to take a day off from the rat race and make the 2+ hr roll down to see the good people at Falls city. Them go to the new range and test my meager skill sets. Then go have one amazing cheeseburger just up the road from the shop.
    And then roll back home.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I really need to take a day off from the rat race and make the 2+ hr roll down to see the good people at Falls city. Them go to the new range and test my meager skill sets. Then go have one amazing cheeseburger just up the road from the shop.
    And then roll back home.
    I have some time on my hands the next couple of weeks. Pick a day.

Top Bottom