• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    What's your thoughts? Was anyone actually surprised to find out that a YT channel with millions of viewers actually charges for reviews and advertising? I wasn't

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    IV8888 is an awesome channel. I love his torture tests. Miss the old guy though. But why do these two have beef?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I quit watching YM when he went on a hate-filled anti-christian rant. Believe what you want, calling other people idiots and worse, not necessary. It became not entertaining at that point, and if I'm not being entertained...why?

The current issue seems to be related to support of the NRA.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I do not really like the yankee marshall and I don't watch his videos. I do know about why he got all pissed off though. I watched TGC's round table. I didn't agree with the direction Chad was going at one point however even as Chad attempting to explain a viewpoint Eric was very openly disagreeing with him as he was talking. It wasn't for advertising or anything like that or Eric would have been in lock step. I thought several of the guys on TGC's deal were representatives of people who only cared about money for their business as one openly said so. But IQV8888 wasn't one in my opinion. MAC, Gunsngear, and a few others were spot on the whole time though as I'd expect.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    IV8888 is an awesome channel. I love his torture tests. Miss the old guy though. But why do these two have beef?

The Yankee Marshall recently revealed that IV8888 is charging up to $4,000 to provide positive gun "reviews".

I knew some Youtube channel provide honest idependent reviews while others just make commercials (they get the product for free direclty from the manufacturer and get to keep it after the review which is like getting paid).

They are not always transparent and won't always clearly say that they got the product directly from the manufacturer.

I think the whole thing started when the Yankee Marshall claimed IV8888 was defending the NRA because he's getting money from the gun industry.
    To which IV8888 said he never got paid by the NRA or or the gun industry ... then YM revealed the pamphlet with IV8888's prices (up to 4K per video and he gets to keep the gun).

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My Kentucky blood/DNA get's all a barlin' when I's hear talk of feudin' an' sech...

hatfields-680x300.jpg

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Yeah as stated above, the fued started because ym make the claim that iqv8888 was a "faketriot" and a paid shill because he charges for reviews. I didn't get the impression that iqv8888 was disingenuous about his views on the 2A but that was basically the claim. It doesn't surprise me for a minute that he and others get paid for doing reviews. I mean, it's kinda their job

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You gotta love the purity police. That's what i see here. One channel thinks another one isn't pure enough in the support of the 2d Am.

Oh, please.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah as stated above, the fued started because ym make the claim that iqv8888 was a "faketriot" and a paid shill because he charges for reviews. I didn't get the impression that iqv8888 was disingenuous about his views on the 2A but that was basically the claim. It doesn't surprise me for a minute that he and others get paid for doing reviews. I mean, it's kinda their job

Some YT reviewers get paid by ad revenue and patreon supporters, others get paid by the manufactured in order to provide a biased review.
    I have no probem if they get paid and get the product directly from the manufacturer as long as they're being honest about it.
    Just like when you watch a car commercial on TV, you know the actor has been paid and nothing negative will be said about the product.
    With Youtube videos you often don't know if it's an honest review or a paid commercial (you can often tell when they don't mention the price or anything negative about the product though).

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I rarely see a negative review on a major YouTube channel or gun magazine. I don't pay attention to their opinions as much as like to see features and such. I wouldn't base a purchase on their opinions.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    If someone is being paid to do a review, it becomes a quid pro quo. They won't get too many customers willing to pay for reviews if their reviews don't sing the praises of what they're reviewing. Anyone being paid to do reviews should be up front and transparent about it.

Regarding Yankee Marshall, I don't watch much of his videos. Nor do watch Iraqi Veteran much any more for other reasons related to what he reviews and how he goes about it. The one guy that clearly has sponsors and is completely transparent about it is Hicock45 with the free ammunition and Bud's Guns loaning him various firearms. He has a couple other sponsors and there's an occasional blurb at the end for them from him or by his son. Regarding the IQV8888 vs YM dustup I'm not surprised, but I really don't care either.

John

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yankee Marshal lost me years ago. He always was an idiot. Never a worthwhile source of any info for me.

Took a while for IV8888 to gain substance in his vids, but he has put out some really informative detailed instructional vids on various topics.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Never cared for the Yankme marshal. 8888 is pretty good. I sure hope these guys putting out videos get paid. It takes a lot of time, equipment, money, ammo.....etc to make a video. It's just business.

I don't care about an honest reviews either. At the end of the day it's me who makes the decision to purchase based on my own findings and research. The videos aid in decision making sure but not by the words coming out of the reviewers mouth.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom