• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I found a great deal on a new Sig Sauer MCX Virtus 9" pistol in 300BLK on GunBroker and jumped on it. I have been anxiously waiting to pick up one of these gun since they were announced. Got a screaming deal on it (my FFL said it was $200 under HIS cost). It finally arrived and yesterday I went to pick it up.

There is nothing wrong with the gun. It is everything I expected. Very excited to get it out to the range.

However, I was VERY disappointed to see that it showed up in just a cardboard box. No case. I was shocked.

This gun cost about 25% more than the Sig MPX I bought two years ago. The MPX came in a high quality plastic case with the Sig logo on it and the foam custom cut for the gun and mags. The MCX? Just tossed into a cheapo cardboard gun box.

Maybe it is just me, but when I am spending that kind of money on a high quality firearm (and a cheaper one comes with a case), I just figured a case would be part of the deal.

Pretty disappointed in Sig right now.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Sorry you're disappointed in your purchase. At least your disappointment is limited to a cardboard box.
    Every time I order like that I'm always disappointed.
    Hands on only for me now

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Is that the sig factory case? Perhaps the factory case got separated between leaving the factory and whomever you purchased from.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Huh, I saw a couple listed at GunsAmerica and other places that all said cardboard box. That does surprise me a little bit with Sig.
    But all my Les Baers (which cost more that the Virtus) come in a plain cardboard box.
    I see that the Virtus is for the Special Operator, maybe those guys don't like fancy storage boxes.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    At $200 under cost? Maybe those who pay full price can be truly disappointed, but if I were you I would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Point taken, tbhausen...I am not at all upset that I scored it at such a deal of a price. And it is not like I am going to send it back because of no case. But I guess based upon getting such a noice case with my MPX, I figured the MCX would come in something similar.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Funny but I rarely ever use the box again after I get it no matter what. I will say my Ruger cases come in handy as they don’t have any cheap styrofoam and are useful when transporting a number of guns in my mobile toolbox system back and forth to the range. However I can’t think of any other manufacture which I have purchased from where the box has become anything but something that takes up storage space.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Point taken, tbhausen...I am not at all upset that I scored it at such a deal of a price. And it is not like I am going to send it back because of no case. But I guess based upon getting such a noice case with my MPX, I figured the MCX would come in something similar.

Glad you don’t seem offended by my response. Rereading it, it seems kind of snarky, but it wasn’t meant to be.

GreyState

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2017
    Ft Wayne
    Yeah, my MPX (Gen 2) came in a carboardbox (with nice foam) and I just ordered a MCX Virtus Patrol that will be here next week. The cardboard boxes don't bother me. I'm another one who just sets them aside for a different day if I ever decide to sell the gun.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    LWRC and Noveske don't come with cases either.

My gen 1 MPX came with a hard case but afterwards they started shipping gen 1s with cardboard boxes.

The boxes don't bother me, Sig not shipping them with folding iron sights anymore bugged me way more.

Anyway..it's a case, one that you would probably never use anyway

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I to never use the box/case again until the gun finds a new home.
    I have a stack and a half of empty cases.

Boxes, cases or whatever else the gun comes with hits the trash can. Same with tools. First thing I do is pitch the case and papers or whatever else it comes with.

Top Bottom