• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I guess "giffords" sounds better than "my idiot husband is calling for assault weapons to be banned and he just bought an ar15"

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is the most recent thread about the Giffords, so I'll just drop this here.
    [h=1]Former ATF Agent Mocks New Gun Owners[/h]
    Former ATF Agent Mocks New Gun Owners

Nicolo Machiavelli was a political expert on the use of power, who the left has idealized for 500 years. He wrote that armed people see the world differently than unarmed people.The famed political philosopher states it well in The Prince:Because there is nothing proportionate between the armed and the unarmed; and it is not reasonable that he who is armed should yield obedience willingly to him who is unarmed, or that the unarmed man should be secure among armed servants. Because, there being in the one disdain and in the other suspicion, it is not possible for them to work well together. David Chipman is attempting to convince recently armed people to place themselves back into the category of unarmed people. It is rather like convincing someone to forget what they have seen.

People in the gun culture need to welcome these new members. They need training and support. Put aside past judgements. Many were only believing what "experts" told them. They have much to learn, when they are seeing the world through the eyes of an armed citizen.

Top Bottom