• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Didn't know quite where to post this, so MODS, feel free to move this thread to wherever.

MSN's Bing search engine, no longer shows the direct link to INGO. Possibly a LE or political request??? Their search engine shows the INGO-related links, like our Facebook page, etc, etc.... but after trying all day, and searching the first 10 pages of Bing's "search results".... NO direct link to this site is found. It was always there, usually the very first 'result'/link.

Anyone have any info on this?

I had to do the search on Yahoo! to get here twice today.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    First one.

D33B2E5E-2B42-48BD-90C1-36245CFF1318_zps0topwl0z.png

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    The wife just had an interesting thought.....

Maybe the people at MSN/Bing, came across my "Open Letter to Hillary" thread in our Gen Political Forum..... and 'targeted' me thru my IP address!?

Is that even possible?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Try searching for <www.ingunowners.com>. Once there the INGO may be recognized by your new computer.

Just a thought. Sometimes my search engines will not find INGO, but will find the long address.

BTW, I still have not bookmarked this site. No need to do so. I know where to find it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The wife just had an interesting thought.....

Maybe the people at MSN/Bing, came across my "Open Letter to Hillary" thread in our Gen Political Forum..... and 'targeted' me thru my IP address!?

Is that even possible?

Uhm... just no. I'm a bit paranoid myself, but your tinfoil hat is just a bit too tight with that question.

First result for me to, and I always use Bing. Just curious, what is Google doing for you? Not that it should filter INGO, but do you have any safe search options turned on? Are you directly on the Bing.com site or are you using it through another means? Sometimes ISPs doing funky things with search filters, etc, though would not think that would be the case if you were on Bing.com directly.

Update: I tested with another laptop that I use for some surfing forums but not much else, and bing.com on Firefox which is the browser I always use across devices (and have my bookmarks, search history, etc synched across) brings up the same results order as my desktop with the forum being the top result. I tried IE and it also brought up the forum as the top result.

Using Edge browser (which I rarely use and never really on this machine) directly on Bing.com and it does what the OP has reported.

And my outlook.com account was logged into Bing on all 3 browsers...

I'm guessing Bing uses your browsing history and other tracking to some extent to influence/provide search results.

Just curious, what browser are you using?

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Or, level 7 error, level 8 error or ID 10 T error. :dunno: Just kidding... :):

Was thinking so as well, but I was able to duplicate on at least one browser I never use (see updated post upstream) on a machine with less history on it. Kind of strange, but I think the search engines use some artifacts from the browser history/advertising ID stuff etc these days to influence search results.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is it kinda like this? If so, its a local browser issue, not Bing themselves. All of these "favorites" are a collection of recently and frequently visited sites. I can delete them so they disappear if I dont want them to appear.

start.JPG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom