• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have made many purchases on Gunbroker without any problems. Just check the sellers ratings. Many sales with a high reputation should be a good sign you will have a good transaction. Unfortunately sellers have to start somewhere, so someone with little or no reputation comments might be ok, but might not. Bad sellers usually will show up on various firearm web sites, so a search of their gunbroker handle would be a good idea.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Oops. Never used GB before and found something to buy, but leery.

I have bought and sold on GB for a long time and have never had a problem. I always ask LOADS of questions of the seller and in some instances more photos and if not in the add I ask about a 3-day non-firing inspection period. Again...it has always worked for me for many years.

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    I have only made one purchase on GB, it just happened to be a $4500 machine gun (good luck finding one for this price now). I was very nervous about sending this kind of money to another state, but everything went smooth and I was very happy with the overall transaction. I would not hesitate to purchase another firearm on GB.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Gunbroker is as safe as each individual vendor is. Sellers are vetted more stringently than Armslist. Has every seller been completely honest about every firearm I've purchased? Occasionally no, but I have not gotten anything that was seriously misrepresented. Look at feedback and ask questions before you buy.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I've done several transactions, buying and selling. Check their rep. I would be somewhat cautious if a seller had a low number. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Check out GunBroker's buyer protections.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You can tell a lot by how the sellers conduct the sale. Lots of high quality photos showing all the parts of the gun are a plus, as is a willingness to answer questions in a timely manner.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I bought a M1 from a private seller in Washington state I paid with USPS money order. I was very nervous about buying from him he had a few buys and one sell, but it went without a hitch. So it’s not bad have only made a few purchase on there for the hard to find pistols

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Check out my post in longguns yesterday, Got it on GB. I go by fair shipping, no reserve true auction their feedback rating and no fee for CC . Never had a bad experience on there yet.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    I have bought and sold on GB for a long time and have never had a problem. I always ask LOADS of questions of the seller and in some instances more photos and if not in the add I ask about a 3-day non-firing inspection period. Again...it has always worked for me for many years.

I have Aldo not had any issues buying from GB

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It seems that I am joining the consensus. I have had several great GB transactions, no bad ones. Postal money orders are de rigueur, so if there is a serious problem, like nondelivery, you have the threat of federal intervention and charges courtesy of the Postal Inspectors in the event of criminal wrong-doing. I have had great results calling and talking to the sellers.

Top Bottom