• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Looking to get a weapon system for PCC in USPSA. I'm thinking about the CZ Scorpion, in an SBR configuration, but would like some in put for those running this setup. Thanks in advance.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    To me, the biggest difference in the platforms, is the charging handle location. Forward HK style, or rear mounted, AR style.

I love the MPX, but the AR style charging handle can be a pain in the ass. With the short stock, the gun pretty much has to come off of your shoulder to get to the charging handle. With the HK style forward handle, like on the CZ, it's much easier to use in the event you need it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;sS0rEazh1kI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS0rEazh1kI[/video]

[video=youtube;caqa97dmerA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caqa97dmerA[/video]

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I used to obsess over MP5’s and their clones. Now, even putting aside cost of ownership, I’d rather have a Scorpion or MPX. Both are just more fun to shoot.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I would check out CK arms new PCC's they are coming out with. Starting price is $1000. MPX's are a bit heavy IMO without upgrading the barrel and handguard, and I've seen guys have lots of issues with Scorpions at matches.

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    actaeon, thanks for that link. A little on the long side but informative for sure. The blow back in face on the MPX really sucks because I really like it but want to suppress it when not in the USPSA arena.

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    I would check out CK arms new PCC's they are coming out with. Starting price is $1000. MPX's are a bit heavy IMO without upgrading the barrel and handguard, and I've seen guys have lots of issues with Scorpions at matches.

g00n24, that CK Arms PCC looks like a real good option as well. Thanks for the heads up.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    actaeon, thanks for that link. A little on the long side but informative for sure. The blow back in face on the MPX really sucks because I really like it but want to suppress it when not in the USPSA arena.

I like the video.
    I bought the scorpion. And I just received my stamp to SBR it. Suppressor is also bought.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

What issues? I have not seen a single one.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    What issues? I have not seen a single one.

Constant choking and malfunctioning. Like on every stage. I have no information about what ammo/reloads were being shot, or what modifications were done to the gun if any, but of the few I've seen shot at matches I haven't seen any not malfunction at least once or twice. It's tough for me to say, as I am a HUGE fan of CZ products, but for USPSA PCC division I wouldn't choose a Scorpion based on what I've seen at matches. Obviously this is a very small sample size I am talking about here.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Constant choking and malfunctioning. Like on every stage. I have no information about what ammo/reloads were being shot, or what modifications were done to the gun if any, but of the few I've seen shot at matches I haven't seen any not malfunction at least once or twice. It's tough for me to say, as I am a HUGE fan of CZ products, but for USPSA PCC division I wouldn't choose a Scorpion based on what I've seen at matches. Obviously this is a very small sample size I am talking about here.

Interesting. I’ve shot nothing but PCC division since I got my Scorpion over a year ago, and have. Had a single malfunction.

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    I really like my scorpion. However, mine is picky about bullet profile. I do shoot reloads, so maybe that isn't helping. After a few ftf I did some investigating.

Here is what I came up with. With truncated or hp bullets, the bullets sometimes would get caught on the feed ramp where the barrel and fixator meet. It does not happen with rn bullets since their is not any flat area on the tip of the bullet.

Also this jam only happened after 200-250 rounds. So without cleaning anything and adding fresh oil to the bolt and rails inside the upper where the bolt rides, the jams would stop.

I believe that once the gun got dirty and the lube wore off. The bolt was short stroking and did not have the energy to chamber the round with the proper force/ speed. Also the gun did get dirty fast with the titegroup powder I use. Titegroup isn't known for it to be clean burning.

So with tc or hp bullets I make sure to clean the gun more often and make sure it is well lubed. Once I did this my ftf problem went away!

20171111_162318 by matt, on Flickr

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Original rifle (Scorpion)

nrIXytY.jpg

Finished.
    CUC2QWb.jpg

The lower handguard is the original.
    This gives an idea of how much it was shortened.

Here the suppressor is removed, you can barely see the barrel thread
    NhiyUyr.jpg

And here we are with the rear stock folded
    tj9WxST.jpg

Top Bottom