• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Took a road trip to FSGS. Holy Moly. I often see posts wanting to know where to find surplus and military rifles. Apparently this guy bought them all. He's in a small shop, but has lots of really nice rifles and pistols. 1903 and 1903a3 Springfields. M1 and M1 D or C Garands. M1as, M1 carbines. These are some of the nicest I've seen lately. NOT gun show turds. Had a bunch of mil-surp Mausers, but I didn't get a chance to look them over. He sold me a 5 digit Colt SP1 rifle and I was too giddy to keep looking. Anyway he is at 1412 S Monon Dr, Bloomington, IN. Don't ask me how to get there. I had my phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Bloomington is a trip to drive in. Next time I'm gonna sniff glue or something. Just to fit in.
    Also hit Traildust on SR 45. As usual, it's a step back in time. A real old fashion surplus store. They got the rest of my money.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That is really cool. Next time I am down that way I will definitely try to check them out. Didn't see any k31's, did you? Congrats on the SP1!!!

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Didn't really look at the Mausers. I was all caught up in SP1 fever. 5 digit serial number. About 1974. The thing is absolutely new. Bolt park is still powdery looking. Barrel is marked C MP B. I'm in heaven.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Those are two good places that I miss since moving to Michigan.
    Sounds like 4 seasons has expanded their inventory a bit. They were always ok, with occasional good deals. THey were excellent for transfers, and I hope they still are - that's one of the best ways to get people in the door of any LGS.
    When I moved away from IN, they had a ton of revolvers - a local guy had put a big collection of classic S&Ws on consignment to sell. THey were just a bit overpriced, but if I had had the money, I would've gotten a few classics!

Edit to add: Traildust was a godsend for reloading stuff when things got tight a few years ago. That's when I got into reloading, and they always had the components I needed. They never artificially jacked the prices up.

Top Bottom