• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    After seeing the interview with the brave Sutherland Texas hero I think we can all learn from it in many ways. When he mentioned he had to load a mag I couldn't help but think how bad it could've went for him.

We should all keep our mags loaded. I'll admit I have many that aren't loaded but I'm changing that. Tonight I loaded 15 spare AR mags and still have many spare pistol and rifle mags to go.

Clint tells a great story.

[video=youtube_share;5J3Jm8HbHKU]https://youtu.be/5J3Jm8HbHKU[/video]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    After seeing the interview with the brave Sutherland Texas hero I think we can all learn from it in many ways. When he mentioned he had to load a mag I couldn't help but think how bad it could've went for him.

We should all keep our mags loaded. I'll admit I have many that aren't loaded but I'm changing that. Tonight I loaded 15 spare AR mags and still have many spare pistol and rifle mags to go.

I don’t have, nor can I afford enough ammo to load all the magazines I own. I will say, however, that I could respond to a local shooting with two fully loaded magazines a day, for a couple of months before I have to start worrying about loading more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The nightstand AR (next to it) has a double 30 in it and it works very well.

There are many many more all loaded at the ready.

Besides, I really hate reloading at the range. Hate it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Love that guy.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    All mags are always loaded, always.
    Upon returning from a shoot, truck is unloaded, mags are loaded, guns are cleaned, guns are put away. It ain't complicated

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Have 5 of these mtm cans ready to go. All mags loaded. 3 of them hold just ar style mags and the other 2 hold 10 ar mags and 10 double stack pistol mags. These things are great. Highly recommend these and great for range day too.
    2qd2zja.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    All mags are always loaded, always.
    Upon returning from a shoot, truck is unloaded, mags are loaded, guns are cleaned, guns are put away. It ain't complicated

This.

Except I don't always clean my guns immediately.

...and I don't have near as many mags as some of you guys.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have 5 of these mtm cans ready to go. All mags loaded. 3 of them hold just ar style mags and the other 2 hold 10 ar mags and 10 double stack pistol mags. These things are great. Highly recommend these and great for range day too.
    2qd2zja.jpg

I have a few foam fillers from the case club that do about the same thing in a GI ammo can. Pistol mags only. AR mags fit nicely in the polymer ammo containers. 6 across and 4 rows deep with 2 laying on their sides. 26 mags a container.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This.

Except I don't always clean my guns immediately.

...and I don't have near as many mags as some of you guys.
    I have made you load mags. You know the drill. Want a beer, here, load this mag. :laugh:

When i watched the video this morning, the thing that just made me cringe, was, I had had to load a mag. He slapped a few rounds in there, and he had two rounds left when it was over. That's to close, and he got lucky. I'm not a prepper, but I try to be prepared.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have made you load mags. You know the drill. Want a beer, here, load this mag. :laugh:

When i watched the video this morning, the thing that just made me cringe, was, I had had to load a mag. He slapped a few rounds in there, and he had two left. I'm not a prepper, but I try to be prepared.

You also conned me in to cleaning a gun or two for you.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    AFter I heard about the TX hero (Stephen or WIlliam?), I immediately thought the same thing.
    He had to dump ammo in his hand, and then proceed to partially load a mag - all while shots kept going off down the street.
    His interview with Crowder was very good.

Since hindsight is always 20/20, there were mistakes made, but he did an great job in responding using tools and skills that we should all develop.

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Keep your mags loaded guys. If you don't have a loaded mag to grab, for your gun, you have a stick. I'm to old to fight with a stick.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    AFter I heard about the TX hero (WIlliam?), I immediately thought the same thing.
    He had to dump ammo in his hand, and then proceed to partially load a mag - all while shots kept going off down the street.

Since hindsight is always 20/20, there were mistakes made, but he did an great job in responding using tools and skills that we should all develop.

This!
    Im not criticizing him, we just need to evaluate, and improve, should we find ourselves in a similar situation.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yep this situation caused me to order more ammo and mags, 10 mags loaded with MK262 Mod 1 and about 15 loaded with 55gr ball ammo on hand currently. The box full of MK262 Mod 1 is what I grab first.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My home AR is "cruiser ready", with a spare mag onboard, just like my work gun.

That said, I don't keep all my mags loaded. I have designated training mags for both rifle and pistol. They take the abuse of hitting the ground/concrete, cycling repeatedly, etc. so my duty mags don't have to.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Besides, I really hate reloading at the range. Hate it.

This is why I originally started buying magazines.

Yes, they are important in the case of an emergency. But I'm probably well past that point, so now I'm back to just buying for the convenience that extra mags provide.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    AFter I heard about the TX hero (WIlliam?), I immediately thought the same thing.

the whole story also makes an argument against having EVERY one of your defensive guns locked away in a safe as well.

if I understood his interview correctly, he went to the locked safe, to grab an unloaded gun, loaded up a few rounds and went after the bad guy.

Top Bottom