• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I heard about this listening to an older podcast of GunTalk. Figured it was a good idea so I share it.

When you go to a place with a waiting room of any sort, take a gun magazine you have already read a few times and leave it there. Cut out the address box with your info if it has one.

Doctors office, dentist, tire shop etc are places that were mentioned.

The reasons mentioned were that doing this could possibly re-kindle someone who has been away from shooting for a while. It could also introduce someone new into shooting. Plus is gives people like us who already enjoy shooting something to read while we wait.

If you don't save your old magazines, I guess it beats just throwing them away.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Much to my wife's displeasure, I have a rather large stack of gun magazines. I bring a handful of them home once a month or so, read through them and add them to the pile. I take them to our farm in Perry County and share them with the various visitors we get there as well as my family.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Had to make a trip to the urgent care for my daughter (nothing serious, but they're the only ones open). I took about 6 old issues of G&A with me. I cut the address block out before I left. I left them in the piles on the tables. The first guy who walks in after me found one and smiled.

Success!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Another half-dozen left at the lab today. Had a few readers by the time I left.

TzHQTcP.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Back at the docs today. I left 5 more in one area and then headed back to the same room I was in last week. They were still there.

3DopDzk.jpg

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    I heard about this listening to an older podcast of GunTalk. Figured it was a good idea so I share it.

When you go to a place with a waiting room of any sort, take a gun magazine you have already read a few times and leave it there. Cut out the address box with your info if it has one.

Doctors office, dentist, tire shop etc are places that were mentioned.

The reasons mentioned were that doing this could possibly re-kindle someone who has been away from shooting for a while. It could also introduce someone new into shooting. Plus is gives people like us who already enjoy shooting something to read while we wait.

If you don't save your old magazines, I guess it beats just throwing them away.

FWIW, I used to take used copies of G&A and Shotgun News (Firearms News) to the dentist and left them in his waiting room. On a return visit one of the receptionists asked if I was the one and was told that they all liked the magazines but other patients kept swiping them. Seems no one ever swiped Newsweek or Sports Illustrated. Since this happened in California, there was also the possibility that someone swiped them to toss them in the trash out of general dislike for guns.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Call me paranoid, but in a doctor's office I will not touch a magazine. Never know how many sick people have had it in their hands before I got there. Great idea for the dentist offices though. Also places like Discount Tire.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Call me paranoid, but in a doctor's office I will not touch a magazine. Never know how many sick people have had it in their hands before I got there. Great idea for the dentist offices though. Also places like Discount Tire.
    Gotta build up your immune system somehow.

no purple

Top Bottom