• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2017
    LaPorte County
    Hello everybody, I've been contemplating purchasing insurance from NRACG or USGCA. Does any one have any experience with carry insurance??

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Last edited:

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Big tanker has this dead nut right. After nra uninvited carry guard at this years nra show so they had no competition for there roll out of carry guard. That was dirty,there are enough people to go around

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    May be my ignorance, but I don't see this as anything but pre-payment on attorney's fees that you'd pay in the event you were sued after shooting someone. Seems like all this does is restrict the defense attorney you'd chose.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    if you're interested in fire arm insurance, I have someone in southern Indiana I recommend, he sell's insurance full time, is a gun owner, and huge supporter of the friends of the nra, BUT he sells all kinds of insurance, home, health, life, auto and fire arm specific plans, he's not a site supporter so I wont publish his info, but if your interested I can pm you the info (when you hit your 50 posts) site rules not mine if a moderator says its ok, I'll list the companys contact info (he can sell all over the state)

and if its any consolation he doesn't carry the nra insurance himself!, he uses another company!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    May be my ignorance, but I don't see this as anything but pre-payment on attorney's fees that you'd pay in the event you were sued after shooting someone. Seems like all this does is restrict the defense attorney you'd chose.

There are several different plans from each company. You'll need to do the research.

The company I linked in post #4 is true insurance. You pay a certian amount per year. If you have a self-defense gun use, they pay for everything like bail and attorney fees if needed. You don't pay anything.

Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    This is what I've really been thinking about the past few days so I thought I'd come here to see people's thoughts. The one I hear most about is the uscca one because they have so many ads in so many places.

Anyone have anything newer to say about any of the carry insurance outlets?

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Anyone have any experience with the USCCA and their "defense-shield"?
    www.usconcealedcarry.com/USCCA/Insurance

I have this. I started a few years ago before NRA came out with theirs. USCCA was also "disinvited" to the NRA convention and I thought they handled the news well. They sent out an announcement that they wouldn't be at the NRA convention but didn't bash the NRA about it. Showed some class. I haven't had to use it so I can't give any personal testimony about their coverage but there are some testimonies out there somewhere. I like the "Concealed Carry" magazine subscription that comes with it. I would do some research to see which has the best features. I did some comparisons a while back and I didn't see anything that NRA had that was better and USCCA was a little cheaper at the time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    This is what I've really been thinking about the past few days so I thought I'd come here to see people's thoughts. The one I hear most about is the uscca one because they have so many ads in so many places.

Anyone have anything newer to say about any of the carry insurance outlets?

Just because they put out a lot of ads. That does not make them any good. They just have a lot of money to spend. THIS IS NOT A JUDGEMENT, JUST AN OPINION.

Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    Exactly. That's what I meant about uscca. I know the most about them but that's only from their ads, and who has ever released an ad saying "the other company's stuff is better than ours"?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I would have used carry guard, but that whole fiasco with disinviting an established vendor because they were becoming competitors turned me off. I'm a lifer and I feel the convention should showcase our industry as a whole, not use their size to snuff out competitors. I like the idea of the above linked provider that covers bail, that will be the direction I look in.

An LGS shared a Guy Relford post earlier this week that was raising funds for the defense of someone who used their firearm to protect themselves. Really got me thinking about searching out a policy. It's one of those hot and cold things, I look, lose interest and then realize I should get back to looking. I hope my family never has to start a go fund me if I ever needed to use my concealed carry. I'll keep an eye out on here to track options.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not sure if I got this URL from INGO or elsewhere, but seems like a good read.

Protecting Yourself After You Protect Yourself | RECOIL

Curious if any of the INGO lawyers have dealt with customers using any of these insurance plans and what their experience/take was on it and if it worked well, etc.

Based on this article alone, it seems as USCCA is one of the better options, but I haven't researched much beyond my initial read of this.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My input.....Research the **** out of carry insurance. Most of them are snake oil. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on carry insurance.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    popcorn-gif-25.gif

Top Bottom