Palmetto State Armory shipping has me scratching my head?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hey Ya’ll......
    So I got one if their emails over the weekend and they had a Rifle bag with 7 Mags for $80, so I thought what the heck Ill get it and a safty detent and detent spring. The bag and mags are advertised “Free Shipping” but once I add 2 .99cent parts the shipping was $8.50.
    As a simple man I would of thought 2 of the littlest parts of a rifle build shouldnt cost $8.50 to ship?!?
    Im kinda speechless on this.....Ammunition, AR15 Parts, Magazines, Bulk Ammo - Palmetto State Armory

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    When I bought my 9mm AR shipping was free, but they wanted $8.50 to ship 2 ETS mags, I took them out of my cart, and bought them on Botach with free shipping.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    When I bought my 9mm AR shipping was free, but they wanted $8.50 to ship 2 ETS mags, I took them out of my cart, and bought them on Botach with free shipping.

Yep. Buy smart, ship smart. I've split orders up as well with some vendors to save shipping.

Over time that does add up to some $.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My local gun shop sells small parts like that. Otherwise I would add it to some other items that I was ordering at a place that doesn't skin you on shipping.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I only need a .99 cent spring and detent!!
    That is where you eliminate the computers and call a human who can apply common sense.

They may tell you to pound sand, they may give it free, they may only charge a reasonable fee. All you can do is ask. (And decide whether they deserve your future business)

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Padded envelope, postage, label, enter into tracking system, etc. - minimum shipping from just about anyone is at least $6-10. Sucks that they can't just throw it in along with the bigger stuff, but that's the way their system and pricing structure works. Not much profit in a couple of 99 cent springs. I don't have a problem with it.

All the mail-order buying has created the world where fewer places stock the small items, but who can blame them?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    That is where you eliminate the computers and call a human who can apply common sense.

They may tell you to pound sand, they may give it free, they may only charge a reasonable fee. All you can do is ask. (And decide whether they deserve your future business)

I called Delta Team Tactical just recently over something similar. I placed an order over the qualifying amount for free shipping, but realized I forgot to add a small item to that order. I called, talked to a very nice lady, and explained that the item I needed was only $20 but shipping was $10. I wanted to see if I could add it to my existing order, but she let me know that the original order had been shipped just hours before. She offered to give me a free shipping coupon code to place the next order! Definitely a site I wouldn't mind giving more business to. It's worth calling and talking to someone real, and not just a machine.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    With the somewhat strange combo package they are offering, I bet they have a bunch pre-packed and just need to slap a label on them. Thus adding items requires some additional work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    some times items are shipped out of different locations.
    even if you ordered all item at the same time.
    You will receive them in different packages and at different times.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hey Ya’ll......
    So I got one if their emails over the weekend and they had a Rifle bag with 7 Mags for $80, so I thought what the heck Ill get it and a safty detent and detent spring. The bag and mags are advertised “Free Shipping” but once I add 2 .99cent parts the shipping was $8.50.
    As a simple man I would of thought 2 of the littlest parts of a rifle build shouldnt cost $8.50 to ship?!?
    Im kinda speechless on this.....

I just put together a PSA lower and parts kit.
    When finished, I still had a detent pin and spring left over.

Pm me with your address and I'll send them out to you gratis.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    some times items are shipped out of different locations.
    even if you ordered all item at the same time.
    You will receive them in different packages and at different times.

Jet.com works this way. If you buy something from them they offer discounts on items that are in the same warehouse. They also do discounts if you opt out of free returns and a couple other things. Have t gotten anything fun related from there but interesting to see how it all works. Freakanomics or planet money did a podcast about it awhile back.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Padded envelope, postage, label, enter into tracking system, etc. - minimum shipping from just about anyone is at least $6-10. Sucks that they can't just throw it in along with the bigger stuff, but that's the way their system and pricing structure works. Not much profit in a couple of 99 cent springs. I don't have a problem with it.

All the mail-order buying has created the world where fewer places stock the small items, but who can blame them?

Amazon seems to be able to ship small parts without any cost to the purchaser. I often keep a list in the cart so when I need to order something with enough cost for free shipping many other small items (not all) can be ordered with free shipping. When you have purchased an AR with free shipping I would certainly say they made a fair profit, there is no reason in my mind they couldn't put a couple of small parts in the same packing and ship them free.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    My 2¢. I have multiple times cancelled an order due to what I considered outrageous shipping charges and I told them why.

Once ordered a custom foam rubber part smaller than a hand, cost $5, shipping $8.

Recently ordered 100 rounds from Las Vegas, shipping was $10.83. I bumped my order to 200 rounds just to see what would happen, shipping total $11.50. Go figure. AND it got shipped in two boxes, arriving on different days. ??

BassPro has an obnoxious backorder policy. I think they have a $5 minimum, so if your item costs $4.99 and they're out, you have to put two of them on backorder. BUT there's no separate shipping cost??!!?

Top Bottom