Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    To me, common sense gun law would be pretty simple. Allow unrestricted gun ownership, but hold people that misuse them accountable for their actions. If someone commits a crime that is dependent on the use of a gun, bar them from gun ownership for 10 years of good behavior. If they go 10 years without any sort of incarceration or legal issues, then their gun rights are restored. If they abuse gun ownership again, they lose the right to own a gun for another 10 years.

If they use the gun in the commission of a crime, they get special treatment in jail. During whatever sentence they serve, they either lose social privileges or serve time under hard labor.

That's how I see common sense gun law.
    =

That's not a bad start, 88E.
    However, people need to realize that the only common sense gun law is the Second Amendment. That was the best start.
    RoGrrr

User Info Menu

Here is an interesting link on the subject just in time for Thanksgiving conversations with uninformed relatives
    Thanksgiving Gun Control Conversation Survival Tips for EGRs... ? Dry Fire Training Cards Blog

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rong View Post
    Here is an interesting link on the subject just in time for Thanksgiving conversations with uninformed relatives
    Thanksgiving Gun Control Conversation Survival Tips for EGRs... ? Dry Fire Training Cards Blog
    I'm not talking politics at Thanksgiving.

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5